Reduced resource loss on sucessive attacks?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Anraton

Re: Reduced resource loss on sucessive attacks?

Postby Anraton » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:35 pm

Luminaar wrote:
Anraton wrote:My solution tailored specifically to yourself, since you're stealth heavy, would be to go Access and Leech for a while. (I have a Hackers Tactics post for you next week :P) Find bases where you can slteah in and loot enough resources to be profitable, using the minimal amount of/zero Wraiths. This will help you drop rep, stay safe from retraces, and keep your compile times pretty low. This stage won't be effective forever though, so don't neglect your programs for the future - like I did! :roll:

Did some test about this stealth hacks - amazing what you can do .. and I'm still discovering what u can do with a pure stealth attack. The only "bad" thing .. because i was "proud" of getting reputation so i get bonuses for full compiles ... never thought of that could be a problem ... My reputation now got a HUGE drop from about 610 to less then 400.

Let's see how it will be developing.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:09 am

Anraton wrote:My reputation now got a HUGE drop from about 610 to less then 400.
This was always the original design, to have Reputation act as a pseudo-difficulty. dropping down in rep for easier hacks was always the intention. The issue came when players would constantly bottom-feed. :P

This resulted in a change to the search algorithm, to make it more dependant on level rather than reputation. The "solution" - if it were as simple as just that ofc - would be to make reputation more valuable. There's plenty of things being considered. Will announce something when I have something to say on the matter :P
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Anraton

Postby Anraton » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:38 am

Luminaar wrote:
Anraton wrote:My reputation now got a HUGE drop from about 610 to less then 400.
This was always the original design, to have Reputation act as a pseudo-difficulty. dropping down in rep for easier hacks was always the intention. The issue came when players would constantly bottom-feed. :P

This resulted in a change to the search algorithm, to make it more dependant on level rather than reputation. The "solution" - if it were as simple as just that ofc - would be to make reputation more valuable. There's plenty of things being considered. Will announce something when I have something to say on the matter :P

Well ... as you get bonus resources for every fullfilled victory condition as soon as you rank up, it looks like it is intended to try raise your reputation ... i just noticed that i often get hacked and lost between 17 and 25 reputation on a single hack ... that is why i never climbed above 620 reputation :-/

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:02 am

Anraton wrote:I just noticed that i often get hacked and lost between 17 and 25 reputation on a single hack ... that is why i never climbed above 620 reputation :-/
This is a knock on effect of skilled/difficult players surfing around the low reputation pools. Successful attacks against higher rep targets award more reputation for the attacker - which means bigger losses for the defender.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

crack

Postby crack » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:12 am

Mchief wrote:Welcome to farm country,

No offense to our good Luminaar but if you have entered the part of the game where there are players who can consistently bypass your def you are now a farm, though not all hope is lost as there are things you can do.

1- kill your rep, the higher your rep the bigger fish come after you. Dump as much as you can untill you can defend yourself then climb the ranks.

2 - burn the resource you don't need, most big players want to gain in both resource types , if you have 600k in coin but 124 BC you are not as appealing a Target.

3 - 9sec is your friend, you can generally pull enough credits to grab a 7 day protection once a month and with leveled generators u can grab your next upgrade

4 - don't get discouraged , unless your a min/maxer or at the top of the chart there is always a bigger player wanting your loot. Just take it in stride .
Haha, no offence taken Mchief! My network was a farmsteady as they come at the time. I wish I'd had this advice on the way up![/quote]

This is great advice for sure but don't lose hope the game is tough for sure, I'd just add drop the stealth hacks for a while as they take long to compile & r heavy on resources, u can still develop them if u wish to use them later and have u ever thought to just take only part of a network not the whole setup this would save time in the hack & compiling & resources, which would allow u more time to hack and gain more resources. I found this work extremely well when I was at your lvl, thou it takes a bit of time to process at habits die hard but I rarely ever used credit so u save all round. Good luck
Neither of these!!! Pay 2 Win /Smurf /Minmaxer :shock: Definitely these!!! 0$ dude/ TP/ RHG/Play by the ROE/Friendly/& an ass *donkey) lol

Anraton

Postby Anraton » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:17 am

Luminaar wrote:
Anraton wrote:I just noticed that i often get hacked and lost between 17 and 25 reputation on a single hack ... that is why i never climbed above 620 reputation :-/
This is a knock on effect of skilled/difficult players surfing around the low reputation pools. Successful attacks against higher rep targets award more reputation for the attacker - which means bigger losses for the defender.

Right .. but when reading stuff like "drop your reputation intentionally to get easier targets" doesn't that imply that the current reputation isn't worth anything? Keeping in mind, geting first rank after noob is like ... don't remember 200$ and 20B or something like that as bonus per victory condition ... while doing pure stealing stealth attack (which can't be retraced) 1) in total are way faster 2) way less resource intensive 3) way more profitable then trying to geht the reputation reward.

Doing an effective resource stealing stealth attack actually drops my reputation because i am not hitting a victory condition ... what is exacly against what reputation should be telling - as far as i undersood reputation

Anraton

Postby Anraton » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:25 am

crack wrote:
Luminaar wrote:
Mchief wrote:Welcome to farm country,

No offense to our good Luminaar but if you have entered the part of the game where there are players who can consistently bypass your def you are now a farm, though not all hope is lost as there are things you can do.

1- kill your rep, the higher your rep the bigger fish come after you. Dump as much as you can untill you can defend yourself then climb the ranks.

2 - burn the resource you don't need, most big players want to gain in both resource types , if you have 600k in coin but 124 BC you are not as appealing a Target.

3 - 9sec is your friend, you can generally pull enough credits to grab a 7 day protection once a month and with leveled generators u can grab your next upgrade

4 - don't get discouraged , unless your a min/maxer or at the top of the chart there is always a bigger player wanting your loot. Just take it in stride .
Haha, no offence taken Mchief! My network was a farmsteady as they come at the time. I wish I'd had this advice on the way up!

This is great advice for sure but don't lose hope the game is tough for sure, I'd just add drop the stealth hacks for a while as they take long to compile & r heavy on resources, u can still develop them if u wish to use them later and have u ever thought to just take only part of a network not the whole setup this would save time in the hack & compiling & resources, which would allow u more time to hack and gain more resources. I found this work extremely well when I was at your lvl, thou it takes a bit of time to process at habits die hard but I rarely ever used credit so u save all round. Good luck

Not long ago i have been attacked form someone using 81 libary capacity, spending about 1600 B and hat a compile time of 102 minutes, stealing about 110k$ and 1.800B as a return attack where i got 70k$ and about 1600B. So in total he ... lost bitcoins as he got about 200 more then i stole but after removing the investment .. it was at a cost of 1400B in order to get .. around 40k$ - and he also spent about DOUBLE the time i did for compiling the attack.

crack

Postby crack » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:33 am

Do u think that was good or bad for u. Also try and search out more bases the faster u can flick through targets identifying weak points or upgrades, the better chance u have gain loot fast
Neither of these!!! Pay 2 Win /Smurf /Minmaxer :shock: Definitely these!!! 0$ dude/ TP/ RHG/Play by the ROE/Friendly/& an ass *donkey) lol

Anraton

Postby Anraton » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:37 am

crack wrote:Do u think that was good or bad for u. Also try and search out more bases the faster u can flick through targets identifying weak points or upgrades, the better chance u have gain loot fast

Well .. in my opinion I'd say it was a loss-loss situation :-D

btw .. 102 minutes would be single compile ... dual compile would reduce it to 51 minutes. so no real difference to my 2 step attack :-D

crack

Postby crack » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:43 am

Try to select the right networks eg bypass points weak sentry, upgrading choke points and r u steal using stealth if so drop it and give to beams as u don't play much u need a heavy and fast attack

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”