Reduced resource loss on sucessive attacks?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Anraton

Reduced resource loss on sucessive attacks?

Postby Anraton » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:09 am

Hi
I'm currently trying to save money for core 6->7 upgrade ... I ran in this problem (values approximated):

400.000$, 7.000B, standing about 600
I've been busy for .. like 2 hours and got attacked 2 times resulting in almost 200.000$, 3.000B and almost 50 standing loss.

While I understand that being attacked has to result in resource loss, i feel like that is a bit to much .. keeping in mind that compile times tend to be around 45-60 minutes depending on programs used. Means ... If i would be online every 2 hours for a attack and this is happening all the time ... i will never reach the point where i can do the core 6->7 upgrade ... especially not, if I can't or don't want to keep the game running all the time.

EDIT:
Yes 2 full successfull attacks will result in 50% loss ... of you want to calculate it ... you get 30% of acutall value ...
so first attack is 30%, second attack is 30% of the remaining 70%
so ... 0.3 + 0.7 * 0.3 = 0.3 + 0.21 = 0.51 => 51% loss to be exact

Luminaar

Re: Reduced resource loss on sucessive attacks?

Postby Luminaar » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Anraton wrote:Hi
I'm currently trying to save money for core 6->7 upgrade ... I ran in this problem (values approximated):

400.000$, 7.000B, standing about 600
I've been busy for .. like 2 hours and got attacked 2 times resulting in almost 200.000$, 3.000B and almost 50 standing loss.
Given your approximate values/example, gaining 400k each time, losing 200k to attacks, then gaining 400k again would give you 600k, enough for the upgrade in 2 sessions.

Additional info that may be helpful:
- It should be possible for you to return online after suffering just the one attack, if you can do a longer play session.
- Talking of longer sessions, it's possible to stay online for 3 hours before being eligible to be attacked.
- If you're struggling to progress past 400k, and are constantly requiring an additional 100k for the Core upgrade, consider using the free credits you can to instantly compile programs. This is far and away the most efficient use of credits. Daily credits from missions, ads and found on the map amount to *at least* 55 minutes worth of compile time each day (and sometimes much more depending on mission and amounts found).
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:49 am

Welcome to farm country,

No offense to our good Luminaar but if you have entered the part of the game where there are players who can consistently bypass your def you are now a farm, though not all hope is lost as there are things you can do.

1- kill your rep, the higher your rep the bigger fish come after you. Dump as much as you can untill you can defend yourself then climb the ranks.

2 - burn the resource you don't need, most big players want to gain in both resource types , if you have 600k in coin but 124 BC you are not as appealing a Target.

3 - 9sec is your friend, you can generally pull enough credits to grab a 7 day protection once a month and with leveled generators u can grab your next upgrade

4 - don't get discouraged , unless your a min/maxer or at the top of the chart there is always a bigger player wanting your loot. Just take it in stride .

Anraton

Postby Anraton » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:17 am

Here are 2 screensots I made ..

As you can see, from 18.07.2017 21:20 - when i First got 400.000$ till - about 19.07.2017 22:30, i lost about 570.000$ because I had only limmited time to play :-/

xvm

Postby xvm » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:31 am

24 hours driving the phone, broken on the re-connected. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

xvm

Postby xvm » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:34 am

Save the credit point, compile the time to complete immediately,Enough for you to play many times. 8-)

Anraton

Postby Anraton » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:23 am

just as reminder ... when I got hacked for the first time I had 400.000$ ....I would have needed another 100.000$ for my upgrade.
Next 24 hours i tried to compensate the losses, in total I lost more then I acutally can store 514.000$ i think ...

so .. in total i collected 970.000$ in order to have 500.000$ for the upgrade i wanted to do ...

Anraton

Postby Anraton » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:42 am

Luminaar wrote:- It should be possible for you to return online after suffering just the one attack, if you can do a longer play session.

Depending on how much I get between the attacks ... if i hack for like .. 80.000$ and and lose about 150.000 after 2 attacks ... i have net +10.000 :-/

Luminaar wrote:- Talking of longer sessions, it's possible to stay online for 3 hours before being eligible to be attacked.

Having to wait 45-60 minutes between compiles leads me to play another game that doesn't have these downtimes in between. With the problem, that my device doesn't keep the connection in background so i am offline while playing something else - setting me prone to attackers.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:07 am

There's absolutely nothing unusual with how often you're being hacked. There's a gap of more than 3 hours for most of those hacks. Keep in mind that the "online status" shield only lasts 3 hours, so in other words, you have it easy. I on the other hand, get hacked about six times if I log off for an hour, losing as much loot as I'd gather in a day (full storages at least), in only an hour, where as you got hacked six times in the lapse of two days losing no where near as much as I do.

The case seems to be that your network is simply too weak to defend at the moment. All I can recommend you do is simply play the game more. This is a game you must invest your time into at the right times. If you've already got something upgrading there's no need to collect resources until that upgrade is near finished so you may start another upgrade right away. Play smart - it's a strategy game after all.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Anraton wrote:With the problem, that my device doesn't keep the connection in background so i am offline while playing something else - setting me prone to attackers.
Being prone certainly is an issue.

What tends to happen is that players concentrate on their offence in the early stages of the game. Attackers definitely have the advantage early on, and are given a lot of leeway and encouragement to attack. In fact, it's probably impossible to build a solid defence base prior to level 10.

This leads to networks in the mid 20's being glass cannons. Everyone has great attacks, but the mass majority have sub-par defences having gone through the "best defence is a good offense" stage, making it tougher to progress as upgrade costs get higher. Consider how your base would against your own programs - you'd probably find yourself to be an easy mark.

The points McChief makes here are all good, so will quote them all :) My solution tailored specifically to yourself, since you're stealth heavy, would be to go Access and Leech for a while. (I have a Hackers Tactics post for you next week :P) Find bases where you can slteah in and loot enough resources to be profitable, using the minimal amount of/zero Wraiths. This will help you drop rep, stay safe from retraces, and keep your compile times pretty low. This stage won't be effective forever though, so don't neglect your programs for the future - like I did! :roll:

It *is* possible to recover, and I'm proof of this. You should've seen my base in the mid 40's, haha! I don't have any screenshots, as they were all covered by stats for the wiki/security logs. ;) Maybe someone has one of my base 5-6 months ago?

Anyways, sound advice below.

Mchief wrote:Welcome to farm country,

No offense to our good Luminaar but if you have entered the part of the game where there are players who can consistently bypass your def you are now a farm, though not all hope is lost as there are things you can do.

1- kill your rep, the higher your rep the bigger fish come after you. Dump as much as you can untill you can defend yourself then climb the ranks.

2 - burn the resource you don't need, most big players want to gain in both resource types , if you have 600k in coin but 124 BC you are not as appealing a Target.

3 - 9sec is your friend, you can generally pull enough credits to grab a 7 day protection once a month and with leveled generators u can grab your next upgrade

4 - don't get discouraged , unless your a min/maxer or at the top of the chart there is always a bigger player wanting your loot. Just take it in stride .
Haha, no offence taken Mchief! My network was a farmsteady as they come at the time. I wish I'd had this advice on the way up!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”