Wrong Direction

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
AnAngryNun

Wrong Direction

Postby AnAngryNun » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:42 pm

This is very frustrating

When I install a worm in the middle, or closest to Core, NetC, the worm heads in the wrong direction almost every time. This happens with the Beam Cannon too....it starts attacking in the opposite direction of the Core and waste an enormous amount of time.

I would think any virus installed would head in the Direction of the Core.

What is up with this?

Luminaar

Re: Wrong Direction

Postby Luminaar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:08 pm

AnAngryNun wrote:This is very frustrating

When I install a worm in the middle, or closest to Core, NetC, the worm heads in the wrong direction almost every time. This happens with the Beam Cannon too....it starts attacking in the opposite direction of the Core and waste an enormous amount of time.

I would think any virus installed would head in the Direction of the Core.

What is up with this?
This is intentional by the network designer, to keep you away from the core/resources, and push you in a specific direction!

Attacks are directed according to Attack Priorities: http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Ha ... Priorities
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

AnAngryNun

Postby AnAngryNun » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Well, that is odd....or should I say stupid.

In real life, I would think you as a hacker would want to help toward the core, not some sentry node at the other end of the network connected to the old receptionist's PC.

At the least, I would think the developer(s) would at least make the direction random, as in real life the next node would be random.

Zavok

Postby Zavok » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:42 am

AnAngryNun wrote:Well, that is odd....or should I say stupid.

In real life, I would think you as a hacker would want to help toward the core, not some sentry node at the other end of the network connected to the old receptionist's PC.

At the least, I would think the developer(s) would at least make the direction random, as in real life the next node would be random.

In real life people can use honeypots to draw attention away from the main network.

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:38 pm

If you want to make sure you hit the right node use Shurikin or kraken, other wise a good network is designed to slow you down at every turn.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:21 pm

Mchief wrote:If you want to make sure you hit the right node use Shurikin or kraken.

Kraken goes after the core, so that's not really a useful program to use to hit the "right node", if by that you meant hit the node you want which you can do with shurikens.
If I were as obsessed with real life hacking and as dedicated as I am in the game, I would dominate the entire world. >:)

TheLurkingRage
Rep Rank: Elite
Player since: Mid January
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:07 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:
Mchief wrote:If you want to make sure you hit the right node use Shurikin or kraken.

Kraken goes after the core, so that's not really a useful program to use to hit the "right node", if by that you meant hit the node you want which you can do with shurikens.

He mentioned that it was going away from the core ( or at least that was my take on it) so I suggested kraken as it's pretty good about which direction you take

edita

Postby edita » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:59 am

Darkness

Postby Darkness » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:08 am

But Kraken is mainly useful when about 20 - 3X lv only. It doesn't work when people starting very high lv sentry as the network will keep cutting off the Kraken.
In game name : Darkness
Level : 36

Join us at Discord@Hackersmobile
https://discord.me/hackersmobile

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 am

That's why you should protect the nodes you capture...
If I were as obsessed with real life hacking and as dedicated as I am in the game, I would dominate the entire world. >:)

TheLurkingRage
Rep Rank: Elite
Player since: Mid January
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage