Cheating???

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Taczi
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Re: Cheating???

Postby Taczi » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:07 am

This is not about cheating in terms of changing game mechanisms.

The discusions is about whether is allowed to stay online 24/7 by simulating activity in any way.

This is easly accesible for everyone. Question is... Is this unfair action allowed by game admins?

Lets be honest. By doing it you are much less likaly to be hacked by others and climbing to the top is much easier. But was that intented by creators?

This is breaking fair play in my opinion and should be banned. But maybe it annoy just me.

I dont see many votes in this thread, so my assume for most of players its OK to do that.

Problem is that the game does not have any rule that would clearly explain is that allowed or not.

User avatar
PerseVerAnce
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:12 am
Contact:

Re: Cheating???

Postby PerseVerAnce » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:38 am

I agree that it should be disallowed. People should be rewarded for having a strong network, not for being able to set a 3 hour timer.

However, I don't think banning is the answer. I recommend adjusting how the online timer works instead. Several suggestions have already been posted on discord. Feel free to add yours as well.
Level 61
Rank: Veteran
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

Taczi
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Re: Cheating???

Postby Taczi » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:27 pm

I see there is no interest from dov on this subject.
OK. So only thing I can do right now is to set up a spare phone with root and some app to prevent it go sleep as one of many options. Just to make it more fair as it seems to be allowed and commonly used by top players.

Or simply uninstall a game.

Thanks Trickster.

Luminaar
Posts: 908
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Cheating???

Postby Luminaar » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Taczi wrote:I see there is no interest from dov on this subject.
OK. So only thing I can do right now is to set up a spare phone with root and some app to prevent it go sleep as one of many options.
Things seem to have drifted back on to "staying online 24/7 by simulating activity." This will not keep your network safe. :) As mentioned previously, players will start showing up on searches after 3 hours have elapsed, and will also be protected for 3 hours once they have suffered a successful attack.

As for the timer itself, the current 3-hour online protection/offline shield is a compromise between the following:
- If possible, most players would simply keep their devices on all the time, protecting their resources. This is clearly bad for the game, as players would simply have no one to attack or be worth attacking. Who wants to play a game where no-one is online, and those that are online have no resources to loot? :P End result: 100% protection is bad.
- Similarly, if players were able to be searched/attacked all of the time, players would never be able to make any progress if they were able to be freely attacked by another player even if their defences held. End result: 0% protection is bad.

So, there needs to be *some* amount of protection for players, as 0% and 100% are both bad choices. Currently, this is set at 3 hours.
- If the protection was longer, then it runs the risk of 100% of players being able to get the resources they need, and log off with nothing! As mentioned above, if the only targettable networks had no resources, the game wouldn't be fun to play. At the extreme end of activity, players are find they're running out of viable targets as the 3-hour protection is keeping *too many* players safe.
- If the protection was shorter, it would result in players feeling frustrated at not being able to move forward. The less protection they have, the more likely they are to fall into the "not able to make progress" category above. We do still get a lot of requests to make the current 3-hour shield longer because they feel they are "attacked all the time", and that they believe players should have more protection.

So, as you can see, what we end up with is that active players want to be able to find targets more often, and less active players want to be attacked less often! A certain amount of protection has to exist to enable progression, but too much actually stifles it :P Note in my previous response that even with "setting a 3 hour timer", a player's network is still vulnerable for a small amount of time. 3 hours currently seems to be the sweet spot for the balance of the points above.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

User avatar
TheLurkingRage
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 am
Contact:

Re: Cheating???

Postby TheLurkingRage » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:25 pm

Taczi wrote:I see there is no interest from dev on this subject,
so only thing I can do right now is to set up a spare phone with root and some app to prevent it go sleep as one of many options. Just to make it more fair as it seems to be allowed and commonly used by top players.

Or simply uninstall a game.


TA has already stated that simply closing and reopening the app does not reset a player's 3 hour shield. Having your app open indefinitely will not grant you protection past the 3 hour period and you'll be open for attacks. Only after your connection has been hijacked, may your shield be refreshed.

You have no proof whatsoever that the top players are doing what you claim they're doing and the fact that you're going off on me and TA like that just because you don't understand how the game functions is pitiful and pathetic. You've posted a screenshot of my core that proves absolutely nothing and only makes a fool out of yourself for leaving such an idiotic comment like that after clearly seeing that you're not the only player to have hacked me recently. I get hacked too believe it or not and so do many other top players - how do you figure their rep fluctuates as well as mine? That's not to say that this game is free of players that like to exploit weaknesses of the game to gain a favourable advantage over other players, but better save that discussion for a separate thread.

This game needs a lot of fixing and tweaking, but if you don't have the patience to stick around for future updates that may fix and improve the game or if you don't want to understand how the game works, then no one's stopping you from uninstalling the game if you're fed up and don't feel like continuing playing anymore. Personally, I believe players like you that keep pointing fingers without any form of solid evidence to back up their claims are a toxic part of the community that this game would be better off without.
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.5k
Player since: January 2017
Status: Active
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

happy days
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:10 am

Re: Cheating???

Postby happy days » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:44 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:
Taczi wrote:I see there is no interest from dev on this subject,
so only thing I can do right now is to set up a spare phone with root and some app to prevent it go sleep as one of many options. Just to make it more fair as it seems to be allowed and commonly used by top players.

Or simply uninstall a game.


TA has already stated that simply closing and reopening the app does not reset a player's 3 hour shield. Having your app open indefinitely will not grant you protection past the 3 hour period and you'll be open for attacks. Only after your connection has been hijacked, may your shield be refreshed.

You have no proof whatsoever that the top players are doing what you claim they're doing and the fact that you're going off on me and TA like that just because you don't understand how the game functions is pitiful and pathetic. You've posted a screenshot of my core that proves absolutely nothing and only makes a fool out of yourself for leaving such an idiotic comment like that after clearly seeing that you're not the only player to have hacked me recently. I get hacked too believe it or not and so do many other top players - how do you figure their rep fluctuates as well as mine? That's not to say that this game is free of players that like to exploit weaknesses of the game to gain a favourable advantage over other players, but better save that discussion for a separate thread.

This game needs a lot of fixing and tweaking, but if you don't have the patience to stick around for future updates that may fix and improve the game or if you don't want to understand how the game works, then no one's stopping you from uninstalling the game if you're fed up and don't feel like continuing playing anymore. Personally, I believe players like you that keep pointing fingers without any form of solid evidence to back up their claims are a toxic part of the community that this game would be better off without.



Yet another great post by lurking rage!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing I disagree with is that the community has more then a part of it that is toxic, I would say it has a majority that is so.

Would love to see more post by u lurking rage.

User avatar
PerseVerAnce
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:12 am
Contact:

Re: Cheating???

Postby PerseVerAnce » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:00 am

I feel like there is a deeper issue here.

It's not about "no one can hack him". It's about "I can't hack him".
It is completely irrelevant whether Lurking is getting hacked all the time by different people. The problem here is, Taczi himself cannot hack Lurking. (Just as an example, not necessarily saying this is exactly how he feels.)

I mean, the daily mission is called "Revenge" for a reason. You feel like you are taking Revenge when you are retracing someone yourself. You don't really feel that when other people do it for you. So even though Lurking is always getting hacked, Taczi is nonetheless being denied the pleasure of taking Revenge on Lurking personally. So no amount of proof will ever resolve the animosity being created here, other than allowing Taczi a fair chance to hack Lurking as much as Lurking has hacked him.

The fact that retraces don't stack doesn't help either.
Level 61
Rank: Veteran
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

happy days
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:10 am

Re: Cheating???

Postby happy days » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:24 am

PerseVerAnce wrote:I feel like there is a deeper issue here.

It's not about "no one can hack him". It's about "I can't hack him".
It is completely irrelevant whether Lurking is getting hacked all the time by different people. The problem here is, Taczi himself cannot hack Lurking. (Just as an example, not necessarily saying this is exactly how he feels.)

I mean, the daily mission is called "Revenge" for a reason. You feel like you are taking Revenge when you are retracing someone yourself. You don't really feel that when other people do it for you. So even though Lurking is always getting hacked, Taczi is nonetheless being denied the pleasure of taking Revenge on Lurking personally. So no amount of proof will ever resolve the animosity being created here, other than allowing Taczi a fair chance to hack Lurking as much as Lurking has hacked him.

The fact that retraces don't stack doesn't help either.


Seems like the good guys r out making some really sensible posts eg Lurk & Perseverance. This game has created so much animosity, that it's unreal not only as stated above but in it's whole design, it's so unfair it is ridiculous and soon will be a game of ridicule not a game that will be remembered for it's great concept. It seems to be a concept if a business mind rather than a gamers mind set. Happily I'm Lmao playing but not with the "team".

User avatar
TheLurkingRage
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 am
Contact:

Re: Cheating???

Postby TheLurkingRage » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 am

PerseVerAnce wrote:It's not about "no one can hack him". It's about "I can't hack him".
The problem here is, Taczi himself cannot hack Lurking.

I mean, the daily mission is called "Revenge" for a reason. You feel like you are taking Revenge when you are retracing someone yourself. So no amount of proof will ever resolve the animosity being created here, other than allowing Taczi a fair chance to hack Lurking as much as Lurking has hacked him.

The fact that retraces don't stack doesn't help either.


Taczi has already hacked me a number of times, so that's really not the issue. Everyone that hacks me takes with them 10 times as much what I take from them in a single hack in both rep and resources, so I strongly disagree with allowing my targets to have a fair chance to hack me as much as I hack them. Taczi has chosen to not play the game as much as me, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that his chances of successfully hijacking my connection or retracing me when I'm offline are slim.

Everyone says the same thing that I'm online 24/7 and that I'm unhackable, but they don't know that in average I get hacked 3 - 6+ times daily resulting in 100 - 200+ rep loss and $10m+ and 100-200k bitcoins lost daily. Only thing I'm in favor of is the retraces stacking up, but only if they upgrade the current online shield to a 3 hour 9sec-like shield after getting hacked, that way I don't loose all the rep I gathered in a whole day of insta-compiling hacking, in only a handful of minutes of being offline.

I understand the frustration of not being able to hack someone back, as crack hacks me and I can't hack him back anymore since I reached the top because he's online a lot and always shows up online in my search. I could sit there and spam the retrace button for 3 hours straight, but that would be a complete waste of my time given how little resources and rep I take from him compared to how much he steals off me. In contrast, I understand crack isn't cheating as I used to hack him often, but rather the times I want to hack him and the times he's offline or his 3 hour shield has expired, don't align and it creates the illusion of a 24/7 shield. That same feeling is what my targets feel, with the difference being that they only need to successfully hack me once to set me back 11 hacks.

Here's a few screenshots of my security log and ReadMe files left on my Core: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ydBIMfEjSuT2dK662
Also notice how if K!NG successfully hacks me I lose 32 rep but if he fails then I only gain 1 rep... in my opinion the rep gain vs loss is unbalanced, but that's another thing to discuss on another thread.
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.5k
Player since: January 2017
Status: Active
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

User avatar
TheLurkingRage
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 am
Contact:

Re: Cheating???

Postby TheLurkingRage » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:10 am

TheLurkingRage wrote:I understand the frustration of not being able to hack someone back, as crack hacks me and I can't hack him back anymore since I reached the top because he's online a lot and always shows up online in my search. I could sit there and spam the retrace button for 3 hours straight, but that would be a complete waste of my time given how little resources and rep I take from him compared to how much he steals off me. In contrast, I understand crack isn't cheating as I used to hack him often, but rather the times I want to hack him and the times he's offline or his 3 hour shield has expired, don't align and it creates the illusion of a 24/7 shield.


Update: As soon as I posted this, he appeared on my search again and this time I managed to hijack him. Been well over a month and a half by now since I last hacked him I believe. Here's a screenshot of his Core: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mNdUUMD1P82pqDcq1
Welp... at least I'm not the only person targeted by accusations from players that don't understand how the game works ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.5k
Player since: January 2017
Status: Active
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests