Cheating???

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Taczi

Re: Cheating???

Postby Taczi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:50 am

I would love to see any admin response in here.

Do you allow to leave our devices on idle to prevent attacks and simulate online activity?

Is that a way of strategic play or simple cheat and should be banned?

We demand a clear state from you guys.

Besides, we can only assume who is doing that. But looking at your logs (which you definitelly have) would let you clearly detect unfair actions from gamers.

Up to you Trickster. Which way you go?

Allow or ban?

WarIock

Postby WarIock » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:18 am

I read others say you can be attacked even when you are online if you go over the 3 hrs continously online. There are some players saying they found players who are always online. I never encountered both.

Most games allow everything possible in-game unless there is a rule stating otherwise. Use of 3rd party apps to interfere with the game is almost always prohibited.

Post from another topic discussing the same thing. I wish the devs would say something too.
WarIock wrote:
Sibernetika wrote:Remind me how long was your guys reset period?

I believe it only needs 5 minutes starting from the time you log off.
I once tried to set my screen timer to 3 hours when 3 hours is up I log out then log in again after 5 minutes. Repeat. I did this for 9 hours with full storage. Nobody attacked me at that time. I know this is not a 100% proof but I think it is good enough based on what people say. You actually are the first one to say otherwise.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:14 pm

Taczi wrote:I would love to see any admin response in here.
Players are allowed to remain logged in for 3 hours, whether through active play or leaving their networks online. During this time, they will be "not searchable" by the search system, as well as showing as "Administrator is online" for searches that were already made while they were offline but are trying to connect while they are online. Retraces will display the same "Administrator is online" message.

After this time has expired, players are then able to be found by the search system. Previous searches and retraces will also connect, displaying the "Online too long, your connection has been hijacked" message to the target player. If the attack is successful, the target will not show up in new searches for 3 hours, although they can still be retraced if they remain offline. The target may reconnect once this attack has taken place, and the 3 hour timer will be reset.

Simply logging in and out will not reset the 3 hour timer. No other details have (or will - don't ask!) be provided regarding resetting the connection. A 3rd party app will not be able to reset the connection.

Side note: Unless you're only attacking a player via retraces, the fact that they show up on the search at all shows that they have been offline. Players that were "always online" would never show up on the World Map in the first place.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

GamerNeo

Postby GamerNeo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Just want to mention that without having a 3 hour safe time I would never have been able to save enough to get some of the more expensive upgrades. Yes I sat there with my phone on while I waited for programs to compile, I don't see that as cheating. Even if someone did that all day I wouldn't see that as cheating since they can still be hacked, although the hack may not come from yourself. Using a few mechanic to your advantage is smart. (although I think abusing this one is a waste of time and battery power)

IGN: GamerNeo42
Core: 12
Level: 52
Facebook: Neo Anderson (GamerNeo)

WarIock

Postby WarIock » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Luminaar wrote:Simply logging in and out will not reset the 3 hour timer. No other details have (or will - don't ask!) be provided regarding resetting the connection. A 3rd party app will not be able to reset the connection.

If it is not about the log in/out... then it is the retrace. I am no programer but I have seen more complicated bots in bluestacks.

Taczi

Postby Taczi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:16 pm

Luminaar wrote:After this time has expired, players are then able to be found by the search system. Previous searches and retraces will also connect, displaying the "Online too long, your connection has been hijacked" message to the target player

So at least 1 incoming attack has to be faced by person persiting online per 3 hours.

Seems be fair, although very simple still to create a bot to reconnect after this attack.
Anyway, that does not seems to be a case in some players, but it might be just my imagination.

I would olny sugest you to check the logs to make sure we all do a fair play in here. All in your hands.

Thank You for an explanation.

WarIock

Postby WarIock » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:36 am

Two accounts retracing each other to reset their protection every 3 hours. I have not seen any rule against multiplay. Using 3rd party apps seems to be fine?

Will failed attacks reset the protection?

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:52 am

> Using 3rd party apps seems to be fine?

How would they even detect an app that simulated user input from the OS? You could even cast your device to a PC and write a AutoHotkey program.

(Admins feel free to delete my message(s) if you don't want people to get any ideas)
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

WarIock

Postby WarIock » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:39 am

Hell_Diguner wrote:> Using 3rd party apps seems to be fine?

How would they even detect an app that simulated user input from the OS? You could even cast your device to a PC and write a AutoHotkey program.

(Admins feel free to delete my message(s) if you don't want people to get any ideas)

Less complicated bots are just simple macros that execute at set intervals or other conditions. If you played some mmorpg, most bots are obvious.

DankGamers

Postby DankGamers » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:50 pm

GabeHCloud wrote:He is definitely cheating :roll:

Dont think so.. the game is online and most stuff is porcessed server-side so memory editors like gameguardian and stuff will not work.

Online games cannot be hacked. :ugeek: