Potential Update Ideas (Program and Nodes)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Mchief

List of possible new programs

Postby Mchief » Sat May 20, 2017 1:01 am

So had some thoughts on some ideas for new programs, figured I would post them here .

New program type - Cloud
Cloud programs install on all netconnections with one use but do not use program slots, there effect generally applies to all nodes you control or those right next to them

New programs

Smog - cloud
Disk space 15 / BC 1000 / 20 min
Smog covers all nodes you control with a barrier that can absorb antivirus packets and reduce antivirus effectiveness.
Reduces AV effect on protected nodes by 30% and 15% + 5% per upgrade level to block an AV packet entirely

Prism - Standard
Disk space 1 / BC 5 / 60 sec
Prism while not powerful by itself can reinforce other copies of itself providing it's attack power to other prism installs if not attacking itself.
Works similar to beam cannon, the attack power of any none attacking prism is added to those that are, this is most effective when only one node is attacking as the power boost will be split between all attacking copies, prism starts around 1/3 the power of beam cannon for damage

Landslide - Single use
Disk space 5 / BC 200 / 5 min
Landslide take a bit to install but once done hits an ajact node hard offering protection after.
Acts like a Maniac with an install time if it manages to take a node it installs "Rockwall" on it , install time is 6 seconds with upgrades reducing time

Rockwall - Special
Rockwall can't be installed manually, it is installed via land slides success, Rockwall functions similar to ice wall save for any additional damage landslide did to the node is added to rockwalls firewall which starts at 1000. It installs instantly upon node capture

Sniper - Standard
Disk space 5 / BC 100 / 10 min
Sniper as it's name suggests scans it's target and hits key points.
Sniper can only be installed on net connections and will send " shots" to the closest un-captured node , each shot will deal 1/3 the nodes fire wall on hit but they target specific chunks of the fire wall, two snipers firing on the same node to fast will only do the damage of one. Snipers fire a shot every 10 seconds, upgrades increase the speed the shots move through the network.

Thunderbolt - Stealth
Disk space 30 / BC 450 / 60 min
Using stealth directed attacks and network penetration algorithms thunderbolt takes out the targeted node no matter where it hides
Thunderbolt must be the first program you use and will enter stealth phase upon activation, works like wraith but you don't have to have access, access to the node. 400 visibility, upgrades reduce visibility

Taiwei

Re: List of possible new programs

Postby Taiwei » Sat May 20, 2017 10:22 am

Mchief wrote:So had some thoughts on some ideas for new programs, figured I would post them here .

New program type - Cloud
Cloud programs install on all netconnections with one use but do not use program slots, there effect generally applies to all nodes you control or those right next to them

New programs

Smog - cloud
Disk space 15 / BC 1000 / 20 min
Smog covers all nodes you control with a barrier that can absorb antivirus packets and reduce antivirus effectiveness.
Reduces AV effect on protected nodes by 30% and 15% + 5% per upgrade level to block an AV packet entirely

Prism - Standard
Disk space 1 / BC 5 / 60 sec
Prism while not powerful by itself can reinforce other copies of itself providing it's attack power to other prism installs if not attacking itself.
Works similar to beam cannon, the attack power of any none attacking prism is added to those that are, this is most effective when only one node is attacking as the power boost will be split between all attacking copies, prism starts around 1/3 the power of beam cannon for damage

Landslide - Single use
Disk space 5 / BC 200 / 5 min
Landslide take a bit to install but once done hits an ajact node hard offering protection after.
Acts like a Maniac with an install time if it manages to take a node it installs "Rockwall" on it , install time is 6 seconds with upgrades reducing time

Rockwall - Special
Rockwall can't be installed manually, it is installed via land slides success, Rockwall functions similar to ice wall save for any additional damage landslide did to the node is added to rockwalls firewall which starts at 1000. It installs instantly upon node capture

Sniper - Standard
Disk space 5 / BC 100 / 10 min
Sniper as it's name suggests scans it's target and hits key points.
Sniper can only be installed on net connections and will send " shots" to the closest un-captured node , each shot will deal 1/3 the nodes fire wall on hit but they target specific chunks of the fire wall, two snipers firing on the same node to fast will only do the damage of one. Snipers fire a shot every 10 seconds, upgrades increase the speed the shots move through the network.

Thunderbolt - Stealth
Disk space 30 / BC 450 / 60 min
Using stealth directed attacks and network penetration algorithms thunderbolt takes out the targeted node no matter where it hides
Thunderbolt must be the first program you use and will enter stealth phase upon activation, works like wraith but you don't have to have access, access to the node. 400 visibility, upgrades reduce visibility

Some programs are just too op... But good post. It can be implemented.
[Insert uncreative signature here]

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

www.discord.me/hackersmobile

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Sat May 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Care to explain the Op-ness you are referring to, these are raw ideas so it's entirely possible they are not balanced.

Taiwei

Postby Taiwei » Sat May 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Mchief wrote:Care to explain the Op-ness you are referring to, these are raw ideas so it's entirely possible they are not balanced.

They are great ideas, yes, just needs to be balanced. But yeah. Manic is op anyway...

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

Villfuk 02

New security node

Postby Villfuk 02 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:59 am

I have an idea for new security node. I think it will be pretty COOL and also very interesting to use. It will definetely change some attack and defend strategies.

For visual appearance i'd suggest a CRYSTAL with some lightning inside.

UNSTABLE CRYSTAL
Firewall: LOW or MEDIUM
Connections: 4 or 5
Program slots: 3 or 4
When something captures this node or 3-4 adjacent nodes, this crystal cracks and explodes after a few (maybe 8 at first level and then faster) seconds. The explosion recaptures all adjacent nodes (including the crystal) and damages nodes 2 connections away (increasing the damage with each level. Ideally enough damage to recapture an evolver or library at max level). Single use only.
Maybe you could pay a B-coins or $ to reactivate it for the next defense. So unactive players would be weaker.

It would be really interesting to see attackers do something with it. There is 5 possible ways how to deal with it.
1. Carefully capture the crystal with only few programs and let it explode, then start a push.
2. Quickly get away from it until something captures enough nodes around it.
3. Capture only few nodes around it and protect the other ones from the not captured until end of the attack.
4. WRAITH
5. Slow the explosion down with shockers. (maybe shocker could be shocking it only for 50% the time.)

HOPE THIS GETS ON TO THE FEATURE LIST :D
Last edited by Villfuk 02 on Sun May 21, 2017 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taiwei

Re: New security node

Postby Taiwei » Sun May 21, 2017 6:02 am

Villfuk 02 wrote:I have an idea for new security node. I think it will be pretty COOL and also very interesting to use. It will definetely change some attack and defend strategies.

For visual appearance i'd suggest a CRYSTAL with some lightning inside.

UNSTABLE CRYSTAL
Firewall: LOW or MEDIUM
Connections: 4 or 5
Program slots: 3 or 4
When something captures this node or 3-4 adjacent nodes, this crystal cracks and explodes after a few (maybe 8 at first level and then faster) seconds. The explosion recaptures all adjacent nodes (including the crystal) and damages nodes 2 connections away (increasing the damage with each level. Ideally enough damage to recapture an evolver or library at max level). Single use only.
Maybe you could pay a B-coins or $ to reactivate it for the next defense.

It would be really interesting to see attackest do something with it. There is 5 possible ways how to deal with it.
1. Carefully capture the crystal with only few programs and let it explode, then start a push.
2. Quickly get away from it until something captures enough nodes around it.
3. Capture only few nodes around it and protect the other ones from the not captured until end of the attack.
4. WRAITH
5. Slow the explosion down with shockers. (maybe shocker could be shocking it only for 50% the time.)

HOPE THIS GETS ON TO THE FEATURE LIST :D

Sent to discord. You can join our discord. Oink in crack 69 signature.

Villfuk 02

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby Villfuk 02 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:05 am

Hey, Luminaar, what's your opinion? 8-)

dooshbag

Postby dooshbag » Sun May 21, 2017 11:58 am

I think a good node would be one that can slowly repair damaged nodes but not too fast to make it OP
Connections:3
Program slots:3
Firewall lv1:200
Unlock core lv 8 maybe?and core lv 10/11
Repair speed: 10 firewall per/s may be changed
Max 2
Max lv:3

Villfuk 02

Postby Villfuk 02 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:06 pm

nice, any idea for a name?

i think i'll make new thread for node suggestions

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun May 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Villfuk 02 wrote:nice, any idea for a name?

i think i'll make new thread for node suggestions
Please don't make a new thread :)

I did consider, with MChiefs permission, that we could hijack his topic and have a second sticky, this topic for features, and MChiefs topic here for nodes and programs.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.