Potential Update Ideas (Program and Nodes)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Starficz

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby Starficz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:03 am

PerseVerAnce wrote:I do not like this idea.

There are still some lingering UI issues with this game where it's hard to tell what's connected to what. This is especially true in tightly connected network.

Take a look at this picture below.

Which node is connected to the highlighted b-coin mine? Black Ice or Guardian?

It's impossible to tell. (answer is Guardian.)

Actually because a black ice can only link to 4 nodes, and if it was linked to the mine it would have 5, you can tell that it's the guardian.
(Also some bases are built to be confusing, like mine) Image

PerseVerAnce

Postby PerseVerAnce » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Starficz wrote:Actually because a black ice can only link to 4 nodes, and if it was linked to the mine it would have 5, you can tell that it's the guardian.

That is respectable. But the UI is still implying there are 5 connections, even if it can only have 4. While I am fine with being misled by my opponent, my opinion is that the UI should never mislead me. That is why I disagree with suggestions that can add to confusion. For example, I would be fine with networks where everything is connected to everything, and it's hard to decide which node I should take next, as long as I am not mislead into thinking some node A is connected to node B, when in reality node C is.
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:27 am

eskyde wrote:
Marhex wrote:What about to add a option for the player to test and hack his own network.

I just came to the Forum because I had the same idea i wanted to suggest, and stumbled about your post. Awesome idea :!:
You could call it "EUnit Test" or sth. like that and it would only cost the B$ for your programms :geek:

This! It's not hard to code and won't take much time. It would be very useful update.

Sibernetika

Postby Sibernetika » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Virus mutators i.e. Give some viruses passive abilities such as worms reinforcing nodes firewalls as they spread but weakening previous nodes firewalls to, that way it can help the virus spread but if it looses the node it will be harder to recapture it and plus the previous nodes will be weaker so you might lose more progress if you weren't careful.. The beams get nothing though they are already cheap, overpowered, and quick to build
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

Duffman123

Postby Duffman123 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:58 pm

I came with the idea that they should add some "Virus Pre-set" some one can be these:
- Shuriken cannon (level 1 -10) (15 Shuriken, 20 beam cannon, 5 ICE-wall) (40 disk space)
- Cooling nodes (level 10 - 20) (15 beam cannon, 1 shocker, 2 blasters, 3 ICE-wall, 1 worm, 2 protectors)
(50 disk space)
- Opening Frontiers (level 20) (5 access, 2 wraith, 15 beam cannons, 1 Battering ram, 1 worm, 2 ICE-wall, 2 protector) (50 disk space)
- Release the kraken (level 20) (2 kraken, 3 protector, 6 ICE-wall, 1 worm, 14 beam cannon, 1 battering ram)
(60 disk space)
These are all the presets that came in mind, they can be useful when you don't know what viruses you would use, although, the presets can be either cheap or expensive, but can help you to plan a attack if you are in a hurry and don't have time to see the best strategy ;)
Ice Bear Was Here...
Hackers Nick - Duffman123
Reputation - 400/450
GG!

Quantum_Ghost

Postby Quantum_Ghost » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:58 am

(First : Sorry if there are mistakes, but English is not my home languange and it's not very good.)
I have some ideas about viruses abilities and new node. I posted more on Hackers' Facebook (in private message), so here is only update of this what was, but if you want I can post rest of idea.

Viruses - on high level (14,15, maybe 16) viruses can get special ability. For example :
Maniac --> Worm Maniac - If the Worm Maniac's explosion captures the node, the Worms program appears in one of program slot (you won't lose any worms, and you don't have to take them with you)

New node : Healer - it can heal connected nodes, but it doesn't attack (like Guardian)

Forgotten

Postby Forgotten » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:23 pm

I really like those ideas!

I was thinking of the "shatter", that is a program that shoots a shard of pink 'glass' at an enemy node and the glass deflects to the other connected nodes, dealing damage to them too.
This could, on the developing tree, be connected to shuriken.

Another idea is the "P.R.Y.S.M."(The y is deliberate). This is a program, that, like the ICE Wall and Protector, protects a node but also reflects half the damage back at the enemy node but takes the rest. Would have a little bit more HP than the ICE Wall. Connected, on the development tree, to the Shatter and the Protector.

Finally, I have an idea for a defense that basically slows down the enemy programs in nodes connected to it, and the same as a program that slows down enemy nodes.

TheIconianCat

Postby TheIconianCat » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:50 am

Forgotten wrote:I really like those ideas!

I was thinking of the "shatter", that is a program that shoots a shard of pink 'glass' at an enemy node and the glass deflects to the other connected nodes, dealing damage to them too.
This could, on the developing tree, be connected to shuriken.

Another idea is the "P.R.Y.S.M."(The y is deliberate). This is a program, that, like the ICE Wall and Protector, protects a node but also reflects half the damage back at the enemy node but takes the rest. Would have a little bit more HP than the ICE Wall. Connected, on the development tree, to the Shatter and the Protector.

Finally, I have an idea for a defense that basically slows down the enemy programs in nodes connected to it, and the same as a program that slows down enemy nodes.

i actually really REALLY like this virus idea. i had been thinking of a virus actually that could apply somewhat like a worm actually and could tunnel into nodes two jumps away from one. so lets say you got a strong choke point and no way to portal behind it. you could use this ahead the choke point to get to the firewall nodes. the idea might be a little op though but it would prompt some very different network designs.
Come find me IG and hack me i love a challenge for defending my network :D 8-)

TheIconianCat

Postby TheIconianCat » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 am

an idea i have is actually a new security node idea. a special kind of sentry only this one you only get one on your network which basically is a nuker program. it randomly selects one taken over security node ever 20-40 seconds and obliterates the virus infiltration. specifically i say security node because otherwise it wouldnt be too effective, itd take over that program library youre using on a net connection lol. but itll pick a random security node not including the core and fully restore the node. possibly buffing it for a while? not sure if this should apply to things like wraithed nodes or not since those nodes arent so much taken over but have all functionality removed as well and dont transmit antivirus.

another idea i have is for almost like a perk mutator for stuff like security nodes. something so like... you could use this node to research lets say on a code gate, you can get a buff for them so nodes on the other side of a code gate cant be seen unless the gate is taken over or wraithed in which case you can see past it. this seems more like something that would be accurate since as far as i know, code gate's are supposed to emulate passwords in networks and you cant really see whats past a password on a network without you know... hacking into it. maybe that could be something like a quality of life change on the devs part idk lemme know what anyone thinks.

another idea for a security node is one that works similar to a sentry but with a slight twist on the guardian style of node again a high level node that can be connected to 4 nodes or less, that essentially works as a VERY short range scanner. so lets say you have 2 black ice and 2 turrets connected to this node, if someone tried to install an access, portal, or wraith on any of these nodes it would spike the sensitivity of the network significantly. so at higher levels (since im assuming more stealth programs or mechanics will be added over time) stealth becomes much more of a gamble. again this would come later on.
Come find me IG and hack me i love a challenge for defending my network :D 8-)

Quantum_Ghost

Postby Quantum_Ghost » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:58 pm

No answer on Facebook, so here it is... my idea (edited) :

Viruses : Maybe on level 15 (or something next to it), programs will be upgraded by special abitily? These programs would have gold edges. For example :
Beam Cannon > Electric Cannon - Attacked node has 10% lower damage. Plus, it now shots with lightning.
Blaster > Fire Blaster - Every time Fire Blaster hits targeted node, it will lose 1% of it's Firewall for 2 seconds. Plus, hit node will "burn" (for 2 seconds).
Data Leech > System Leech - When it downloads data from Core / Money / B-Coins it removes Sentry antivirus too. It can now be installed on every node with antivirus (even on security nodes).
Access > Tricky Access - Every node that had installed Access will be frozen for 3 seconds after stealh detection or after instalation of brute force program.
Wraith > Dangeours Wraith - Wraithed node has 50% lower Firewall that can't regenerate itself.
Portal > Wormhole - When you install a brute force program on node "accessed" by Wormhole, all connected nodes fill be frozen to finish it's instalation.
There aren't all viruses, but for me it's good enough as 1st version of idea.

Nodes :
New node - Healer
Working - When connected node doen't have full firewall, it starts to heal it with continuous green ray. Proritets : Attacked nodes, Low Firewall security nodes, High Firewall security nodes, Core, Nodes with Sentry Antivirus, White nodes, Uprading nodes, Wraithed nodes.
Healing - 0,8% of max node Firewall per second on level 1 ; increases 0,2% on each level (it would 5% of max Firewall per s. on level 21)
Firewall - 1,1 x Guardian Firewall (on every level. For example : Guardian on level 1 has 250 Firewall, so Healer on level 1 would have 275 Firewall ; Guardian on level 5 has 380 Firewall, so Healer at level 5 would have 428 Firewall.)
Node connections - 5
Program slots - 4
Unlocked at - Level 6 Core
Additional Nodes at - Level 9 Core, Level 11 Core
Costs - aprox 1,25 x Guardian Costs (on every level. For example : Guardian on level 1 cost $125.000, so Healer on level 1 would cost $150.000 ; Guardian on level 5 cost $1.000.000, so Healer on level 5 would cost $1.250.000)
View : Something similiar to Turret, maybe with green +

Sorry if there are mistakes, English is not my home languange and it's not very good