Frequently Asked Questions

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
User avatar
TheLurkingRage
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 am
Contact:

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby TheLurkingRage » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:58 am

You know, I don't see the most frequently asked question on your list, Lumi.
When is the next update coming out?
:lol: but really, I don't mean to be too demanding, but the game's really getting stale even for me and I love Hackers more than any other mobile game out there. I wish to keep going, but the passion is rapidly disappearing and going back to my console games is looking more and more appealing. It's really more of a chore now to keep stuff constantly upgrading and I refuse to believe this is all there is to the game, specially because of how gorgeous and full of potential it is. :pray: :bow: plzplzplzplzplz tell me there's an update coming, idc as much about details at this point - just tell me I'm not holding onto false hope for a better version of the game D:
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 94
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.1k
Player since: January 2017
Status: Active
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Luminaar
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Luminaar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:51 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:You know, I don't see the most frequently asked question on your list, Lumi.
Oh, that one's easy - it's "when it's ready" (and occasionally, "Soon(tm)".) 8-)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Alfatrion
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Alfatrion » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:30 pm

That's the short answer. You could give a little more background information. On how the team works with scrum, and each two weeks get to a result that is "done", but the project owner decides not to release it to the public. You could fill pages with this stuff.

Gravemind
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:35 am

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Gravemind » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 pm

I know I am a bit late on this topic, but I guess it's not an issue. I have a question actually. How do you start a smurf on the same device? You have explained how to restart the game, but how do you start a new game without deleting the first one? I tried to find out on my own but failed.
Current reputation level : 0 - 500
Current experience level - 23
Favourite program - Data leech
Joined Hackers on - 28/10/2017

Luminaar
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Luminaar » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:15 am

Gravemind wrote:I know I am a bit late on this topic, but I guess it's not an issue. I have a question actually. How do you start a smurf on the same device? You have explained how to restart the game, but how do you start a new game without deleting the first one? I tried to find out on my own but failed.
Officially, we don't support multiple networks on a single device due to the potential for deleting or corrupting network information during "switching" accounts. We are aware that it happens however, and I'm sure someone will chime in on how it's done. :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Gravemind
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:35 am

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Gravemind » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:20 am

Thanks! I just can't believe Rage has so many devices. There must be a way after all. But now I know why I couldn't find out on my own.
Current reputation level : 0 - 500
Current experience level - 23
Favourite program - Data leech
Joined Hackers on - 28/10/2017

Kohriboh
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Kohriboh » Tue May 22, 2018 7:51 pm

hi there so i would actually love to reset my account because of a few reasons
first off i started playing the game when it just came out and had a lot of fun with it but at some point stoped playing because i got a bit busy.. anyways so i stoped playing for about a year or two now and so i still have a lvl 7 core but can hardly do anything in the game. The problem is that my account is lvl 29 and i feel like my base is lacking everywhere in terms of upgrades so now i need to hack lvl 35-50 bases get hardly anything out of it and my defence is rubbish. I would really love to start the game completly new just so that i can feel what changed and have fun again when im hacking others while not being hacked by people that can run through my whole defence without a problem. If that would somehow be possible it would be great :)
Last edited by Kohriboh on Tue May 22, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
TheLurkingRage
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 am
Contact:

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby TheLurkingRage » Tue May 22, 2018 10:14 pm

Kohriboh wrote:hi there so i would actually love to reset my account because of a few reasons
first off i started playing the game when it just came out and had a lot of fun with it but at some point stoped playing because i got a bit busy.. anyways so i stoped playing for about a year or two now and so i still have a lvl 7 core but can hardly do anything in the game. The problem is that my account is lvl 29 and i feel like my base is lacking everywhere in terms of upgrades so now i need to hack lvl 35-50 bases get hardly anything out of it and my defence is rubbish. I would really love to start the game completly new just so that i can feel what changed and have fun again when im hacking others while not being hacked by people that can run through my whole defence without a problem. If that would somehow be possible it would be great :)

I always say this to people looking to reset just for this reason alone. Don't. I advice against it, especially now with the XP inflation improvement. Join us on discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tVhdeAa and we can help you get better at the game without needing to start over. I had a bad start at the game myself - one of the worst that I personally know of, but that's what helped me become good at the game. Made so many mistakes and learned from all of it and came out with thicker skin. Most people make the mistake of starting over only to make different mistakes the second time around. Waste of time doing that, really.
Last edited by TheLurkingRage on Tue May 22, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 94
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.1k
Player since: January 2017
Status: Active
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Kohriboh
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Kohriboh » Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:I always say this to people looking to reset just for this reason alone. Don't. I advice against it, especially now with the XP inflation improvement. Join us on discord https://discord.gg/tVhdeA and we can help you get better at the game without needing to start over. I had a bad start at the game myself - one of the worst that I personally know of, but that's what helped me become good at the game. Made so many mistakes and learned from all of it and came out with thicker skin. Most people make the mistake of starting over only to make different mistakes the second time around. Waste of time doing that, really.


1. cant join the discord
2. im pretty sure that i wont make the same mistakes. i know what i did wrong and its not really a problem of skill but more a problem of how the game feels for me right now with this account :/ just cant really have fun on it so well

User avatar
TheLurkingRage
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 am
Contact:

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby TheLurkingRage » Tue May 22, 2018 11:10 pm

Kohriboh wrote:
TheLurkingRage wrote:I always say this to people looking to reset just for this reason alone. Don't. I advice against it, especially now with the XP inflation improvement. Join us on discord https://discord.gg/tVhdeA and we can help you get better at the game without needing to start over. I had a bad start at the game myself - one of the worst that I personally know of, but that's what helped me become good at the game. Made so many mistakes and learned from all of it and came out with thicker skin. Most people make the mistake of starting over only to make different mistakes the second time around. Waste of time doing that, really.


1. cant join the discord
2. im pretty sure that i wont make the same mistakes. i know what i did wrong and its not really a problem of skill but more a problem of how the game feels for me right now with this account :/ just cant really have fun on it so well

You know, when I reached level 20s I knew more than the average "veteran" (end game) player does. By level 40s I thought I knew everything and then I met yopee... I knew a lot for someone relatively new to the game, but Hackers is a game that has more depth than you think at first and no one I ever knew could make that clearer to realize than yopee. As sure as you are that you won't make the same mistakes, I'm twice as much certain you will make even more mistakes. I've known many scrubs come into the server or talk in the global chat or ReadMe files thinking they're pros and all that when in reality they don't know shit XD doing everything wrong and think they're doing it right because they never met a player like yopee that put them in their place and showed them they have lots to learn still. I could be that guide (yopee is on the discord server as well). I've helped many people get better. I tell them what to level up and when, how to use the programs and nodes and even design networks for others all the time. For an example see the network design I made for Remuz (he's happy with how well it works too! Well, not against me but everyone else even tho it's admittedly not the best design I've come up with :P) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qFWrvwtyII

BUT

If you're really entirely sure you wanna throw all your progress on that network away, then go ahead and send an email to TA, support@tricksterarts.com with your in-game name, level and in-game location requesting them to reset your account. They will explain to you there are no take backs and that this is a one time thing (they won't reset your account again) and you will have any purchased credits to use again once you're reset. Collected credits do not get "refunded".

ALTERNATIVELY

If you're on android, you could make another account yourself by clearing the game's data in app settings, then making another google play account and making sure automatic sign ins to games are turned off for the accounts so when you launch Hackers again, it'll be as if you'd never played before and will ask you which google play account you wish to play with. Select the new one to make a new network or select the already existing one to play on your already existing network. TA does not uhm... forgot the word XD (support/recommend? OH endorse I think its the word I was looking for) this method because (apparently) it could result in loss of the network. Many of us have used this method (I've used this for a year and nothing bad ever happened) so if you don't want to wait a week for TA to reset your network for you, just do this and you'll be all good to go in a few minutes. If you're on iOs however, I don't know of a secure method of making another network, tho TA can still reset your account in any platform. :)
Last edited by TheLurkingRage on Tue May 22, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 94
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.1k
Player since: January 2017
Status: Active
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests