Impossible to hack with 3 Turrets & lvl 1 Scanner?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Sibernetika

Re: Impossible to hack with 3 Turrets & lvl 1 Scanner?

Postby Sibernetika » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:23 pm

I had a beam, Protector, and fresh Ice wall since sentry was Brutal, but the moment those two black ice projectiles made contact the node was lost.. I should have taken more shockers instead of protectors
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

Vnasty

Postby Vnasty » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:52 pm

When I hack, I carry 3:1 on my icewall/protector ratio

GamerNeo

Postby GamerNeo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:08 am

Since you all seem to be having such a rough time with this, I want to point out that your timing is off. The game is quite forgiving in that you can queue up installation of programs. Sorry to those who knew and wanted to keep this on the dl but I'm super curious if anyone knows the specific timings.

IGN: GamerNeo42
Core: 12
Level: 52
Facebook: Neo Anderson (GamerNeo)

PandaKing

Postby PandaKing » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:21 am

You could try selecting the scanner before you capture it, and tap on the ICE Wall/Shocker icon rapidly.
So it'll install at the earliest possible time.
It's definitely possible, I'm one of the player with the lv.1 scanner + Turret/Black ICE, people have successfully installed at least a ICE wall almost at all time.
(I guess maybe I shouldn't have shared those tips, my network is already vulnerable as it is)

Vnasty

Postby Vnasty » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:14 am

GamerNeo wrote:Since you all seem to be having such a rough time with this, I want to point out that your timing is off. The game is quite forgiving in that you can queue up installation of programs. Sorry to those who knew and wanted to keep this on the dl but I'm super curious if anyone knows the specific timings.

Curious about this, details? Like pre node before its captured?

GamerNeo

Postby GamerNeo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Vnasty wrote:Curious about this, details? Like pre node before its captured?

Try clicking a program once right before you capture it. I really want to know the exact timings/ health the node needs to have since different nodes seem to have different timings. My testing indicates the limits somewhere around .5 seconds and 1/4 health of the node, max. Although without a replay that shows when you click on the programs it's hard to say for sure.

Vnasty

Postby Vnasty » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:24 am

GamerNeo wrote:

Try clicking a program once right before you capture it. I really want to know the exact timings/ health the node needs to have since different nodes seem to have different timings. My testing indicates the limits somewhere around .5 seconds and 1/4 health of the node, max. Although without a replay that shows when you click on the programs it's hard to say for sure.

I was probably thinking of a pre que on nodes you could capture, I don't even see this as a thing.. Like some hidden knowledge. I spam programs beams or ice walls on a node im about to capture already if im worried about anti virus or turrets etc

Darkness

Postby Darkness » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:58 am

Your question is a difficult one to many people. Many people that I hacked doesn't want to try to revenge on my network as I have mixed defense strategies combined on my network. Here is my base for you to think about how to deal. (Some people did break my base before, but if you got the core, you won't have enough time and programs to reach my resources)

All I need is to rush my Core to have a very strong Sentry on all nodes.

Defense strategies explanation:
It's an Anti-Kraken protected core base as I need the reputation at all lol.

1st Chok point - 1 lv scanner with 3 Turrets (5 lv), a Back ICE (4 lv) and a Guardian (2 lv) as a backup to 3 Turrets (5 lv). (Most effective chok points ever)
2st Chok point : 4 lv scanner (will lvl up it high soon enough to anti-stealth attack) with 2 Code Gates + 1 Black ICE surrounded.

Overall Layout design: Resource Oriented (Protected Core)
Pro(s) : The attackers have to use non-Kraken strategy for looting resources, so overall, this layout is protected from Kraken strategies.
Even attackers use Kraken strategy, the entrance will design will definitely slow down their time of Kraken combination (a lured Coins-Miner does this job?)

Tree network on Armed part -
Pro(s) : It is harder to compromise the whole network - attackers must spend more programs to reach nodes on all the branches.

Centipede/Snake on Resources area :
Pro(s) : - Good against Brute Force attacks, especially when using Code Gates, as it will take quite a long time to take them down.
- The attacker will tend to spend more programs on nodes between the netConnection and the Resources Area.

Ultimately, in order for attackers to reach Resources area, hacker have to secure both Chok points while taking down my Armed area. Once the hacker took down the Code gate to my core, then hacker may now try to access to code gate to the Resource area (while you have to install a wall & a strong Blaster to hack against the Code gate and you need to have enough program to reach to the end of my B-coin bank).

Difficulties on securing both Chok points
Once you break the 1 lv scanner, giving 1 wall does not strong enough as turrets will soon recapture the 1 lv scanner once the wall is broken (you know that it will be too slow for you to click on the 1 lv scanner to install another wall before it has been recapture once the wall has broken).

Even though you have secured the first Chok point, you also need to secured the guardian not to be recaptured by 2 Black ICE. You need to always to be reminded the time when the wall on 1 lv scanner being broken lol.

After you successfully break my Armed area and the core, you still have enough time and programs to reach my B-coin bank??? (I am sure Warms use a lot of time on a Snake designed Resources area)

Only a 27 lv hackers completely captured my base 100% with 26 Beams, 3 Shurikens, 6 ICE Walls, 1 Worm, 1 Blaster, 1 Battering Ram. (Dam you! You're a 27 lv hacker hacking a 21 lv base guy???)

Last edited by Darkness on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
In game name : Darkness
Level : 36

Join us at Discord@Hackersmobile
https://discord.me/hackersmobile

GamerNeo

Postby GamerNeo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:02 am

Vnasty wrote:
GamerNeo wrote:

I was probably thinking of a pre que on nodes you could capture, I don't even see this as a thing.. Like some hidden knowledge. I spam programs beams or ice walls on a node im about to capture already if im worried about anti virus or turrets etc

I suppose but since this whole thread was about how hard it is to install a program before you lose the node this seemed like a good tip. I mean I'm fast enough now that as soon as I capture a node I already have a shocker and a beam installing. I only lose programs if I'm not focused now which is nice and means I don't waste time and resources spamming anything.

Vnasty

Postby Vnasty » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:53 am

I've never seen anyone use a kraken in nearly 40 lvls
.. They were also nerfed in the last patch... again to cater to lowbies... lol This game is so bitch made havnt logged in a week Zzz

Also that code gate to the core, lol