New Update with Rep Rewards

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Stricks

Re: New Update with Rep Rewards

Postby Stricks » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:02 pm

TylerDurden wrote:
Vnasty wrote:
Stricks wrote:Some help for you guys to waste your resources. The best way is start upgrading something and cancel afterwards so you end up using half of the cost.
When you done playing just do this to have almost 0 cash and bcoin, so it became a waste to hack you. Its better than delete your programs and recompile them cause its faster

Quite possibly the stupidest idea I have ever heard here and Ive seen it all

Yeah, why would someone intentionally waste all of their resources? Do people care that much about rep that they would flush it all away to avoid a fight? They must have absolutely no faith in their network security.

There are a lot of possible reasons, doesnt matter your security network, if you have a juice reward at higher lvl you will be always a reacheble target. I dont know your rep, but at 1700 each sucefull hack eats like 20-30 rep, and at that lvl it is a lot (10 sucefull hacks to recover) also every hack needs to use at least some shockers because everyone here has golden sentries, about 20 min compilation to rebuild and rehack so that 10 hacks is around 3:30h of play to recover (and with a good reward you would not be hacked only once, be sure of that). At lower lvl it might make no sense, but it does a lot of difference later on rep

Also another trick im using when saving up for a big upgrade, is to get some expensive upgrade that im not planning to finish, then the other day im playing, i cancel and get half back to complete an expensive upgrade. If you dont do that is guaranteed you will be hacked and lost it all anyway and is hard as hell to gather all resources at once before a hacker reach you. So far it is helping me and im climbing the rep rank pretty fast while lvling sentry and core (almost everyone have already a full core and i need to use tricks to get near their tier, while they were already upgrading only sentry, core, scanner and code gates i was playing for fun and upgrading everything so im far behind)

e1a00000

Postby e1a00000 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:54 am

1500 gets 220
1750 gets 330
2000 gets 400
2250 gets 900

Someone's been smoking pot while designing this ladder. 2500 and 3k gets 2k and 4k, truly great amounts, but considering the 2nd highest rep is not even 2200, it starts to feel stupid.

Proxychains

Postby Proxychains » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:45 pm

Stricks wrote:Some help for you guys to waste your resources. The best way is start upgrading something and cancel afterwards so you end up using half of the cost.
When you done playing just do this to have almost 0 cash and bcoin, so it became a waste to hack you. Its better than delete your programs and recompile them cause its faster

But but... As soon as you press the Upgrade button you receive the XP :roll:
Lv: 43 / Rep: ~1300 / Core: 10 / IP: Brazil

happy days

Postby happy days » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:22 am

I don't see that this system will change gamers views about rep points, maybe a few will go for it, mostly new players or those who like to see their names up high. I was one of them & ranked up thinking my country & me would rise to the top, but no one in my country even but the effort so I just drop it heavy and done my own thing. I wonder what developer's r doing about it, they must be empty of ideas lol

happy days

Postby happy days » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:22 am

I don't see that this system will change gamers views about rep points, maybe a few will go for it, mostly new players or those who like to see their names up high. I was one of them & ranked up thinking my country & me would rise to the top, but no one in my country even but the effort so I just drop it heavy and done my own thing. I wonder what developer's r doing about it, they must be empty of ideas lol

Stricks

Postby Stricks » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:34 am

Proxychains wrote:

But but... As soon as you press the Upgrade button you receive the XP :roll:

And as soon as you cancel the xp is lost

happy days

Postby happy days » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:45 am

Fairly good tip, but I'd rather let someone hack me and just hack them later, even thou I always wish it's not a whale or a repeat hacker, better it goes to someone new. Although with your idea u get half the resource back which is good.

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”