What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Mchief

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Postby Mchief » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Luminaar wrote:
Mchief wrote:when you connect to another network you get a snapshot of it in it's current state with no timer that you can view it as long as you want
Just a follow up to the previous. :)

The 30 second timer exists as the result of a design choice, specifically, "less buttons / minimal input to launch an attack" and "create a seamless transition to initiate an attack".

Relating specifically to the latter, while the seperate choices of Scout/Attack were an option, it did create a few problems which they thought could be improved upon from a design perspective. When you observe a network and decide to attack, they wanted this to be a smooth and instant transition. A read-only mode was considered however! The "read-only mode" experience would have required both an additional UI which placed extra steps before you'd even started an attack, as well as need an addition Attack command which, as you pointed out, could result in "admin online" or "another hacker" there. The possibility of having players be "able to connect one moment" and "not connect the next" was something that had the potential for frustration and was something they wished to avoid. Removing the middleman was the best way to achieve this.

Something else that was considered alongside this was the potential for a network to be very different than what was observed in read-only mode, due to the admin reorganising the network between what could potentially be an unlimited amount of time. While not a massive problem on the grand scale of things, the idea of "planning a hack", only to find the network had substantially changed would be a negative experience.

Easy fix then , when you select the network on the world mp you can take a snapshot, this snapshot mode allows you to view the network with out a timer while at the same time not locking the network for the owner, for server space you can snapshot max 2 networks. And they last 6 hours , while viewing you will be notified if (A) the owner comes online and (B) your version is out of date, this way you can inspect the setup and will also know if you want to attack or not.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:55 am

Mchief wrote:Easy fix then
This has to go down as one of the most used quotes I've heard this year. :D
Mchief wrote:when you select the network on the world mp you can take a snapshot, this snapshot mode allows you to view the network with out a timer while at the same time not locking the network for the owner ... while viewing you will be notified if (A) the owner comes online and (B) your version is out of date, this way you can inspect the setup and will also know if you want to attack or not.
You'd also need "Player has been attacked by someone else" to maintain the current 3 hour search protection and "Search has been refreshed by the user" to maintain the preset 5 targets at a time (as I'm sure there's a reason for that too!).

While I believe it would technically be possible for a copy of the network to be uploaded for future viewing, both options (A) and (B) would require the snapshot to be "live/constantly connected", so the game could report when there's been a change in status.

Overall, it sounds as though you're looking for an elaborate fix to an undesirable situation, when hopefully there's an easier solution. While there could potentially be other reasons, if the desire to snapshot is due to 30 seconds not being long enough for you to prepare (and I understand - I normally take 3-4 views to solidify a plan), then there are a few alternative solutions.

a) Take various screenshots of the network and review them before attacking
b) View a replay of a recent attack against that player
c) Use a single Access on a unscanned node. This will commit you to an attack, but give you around 3 minutes to view a network and decide on an attack plan.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

triosciankliquit

Postby triosciankliquit » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:07 pm

:P iNO UPDATES, NO GAME ADJUSTMENTS PLEASE. WHY DO I NEED TO CLICK THE PROGRAM AS MANY TIMES I NEED IT? WHERE'S THE INPUT DIALOG BOX?? ALSO PLEASE PUT AN ACTIVITY UNDO BUTTON, FCK I ACCIDENTALLY SPLD MY LVL 14 GUARDIAN, ALL THOSE XP AND TIME AND HALF THE GOLD I HAVE SPENT ARE ALL GONE JUST BECAUSE MY FINGERS WERE A BIT OILY. FCK. ALSO MORE NODES LINK SKIN PLEASE, CHEAPER ONES. Other than those I actually likes the game.

Alfatrion

Postby Alfatrion » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 am

Why do you feel the need to yell?

Ego

Postby Ego » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Trickster wrote:We would like to make Hackers as enjoyable as we can. Let us know what are your feelings about the game so far, so that we can make decisions on our priorities to improve it. Many of you sent us notes through the ingame report, we read every single one of them. There is usually feedback on details and bugs, it would be great to hear some overall feedback.

What do YOU like and dislike about hackers :?:

I'll start by saying I think this is a really great game. I really like the simplicity of the design and the attention to detail with the graphics. I feel the wiki has answered my questions very well even though it can be difficult to navigate. I like the fact that there aren't factions, clans, whatever even though it seems most would prefer it the other way. I think the game is well balanced as far as programs and nodes.

My only suggestions are perhaps getting a time stamp for the chat system. I feel a little foolish trying to talk to someone that's been offline for a few hours. Also, if there was a one on one chat to share strategy, I think that would be helpful. Thanks.

DankUnicornMemz

Postby DankUnicornMemz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:59 am

Hackers the game PROS:

Cool music-if more tracks can be made that would be awsome!

Cool graphics (most of the time) why are ergo/volcano the only animated skins?

Interesting story that relates to real life cyber issues. I want moar mission plz.

Strategy game play is fun.

Hackers the game CONS:

$100 MTX REALLY??? Next thing i know your going to have a $28,000 skin like Star Citizen and everyone is going to laugh at you.$10-20 for the game, $5-10 per add on multiplied over the fanbase. Good enough call it a day.

Can't turn Ads off ever... I hate ads i pay to be rid of them wherever possible, but not here. Double ransome greed much Trickster Arts??? Revenue from players and advertizers???

Wait times. Sure one upgrade isn't bad but all of them stack and make it so long i have lost count of all the dead networks I've run into from people just plain getting bored and quitting. I know your intentionally trying to frustrate people into paying but it is just making them get bored->quit->play something else. Hell even i play hackers for a few minutes leave it alone until an upgrade is done(usually the game is begging me to come back in my notifications by then) and repeat.

Micro or should i say MACRO transactions. Damn everyone i've ever met has said it and I'll say it again. THEY SUCK!! NOBODY LIKES THEM, AND RICH KIDS WITH NO CREDIT LIMIT ARE THE REASON THIS MODEL WORKS. Please i beg you be like Borderlands 2 make a great game then make add-ons like they did. I will buy all of them assuming they are like borderlands 2 and its DLC. New content= new revenue. Burger joints make money cuz they keep pumping out great burgers not because they charge a rich kid $100 for one burger and call it quits, don't be that business it's a bad idea. The AI really reinvigorated the game and brought people back but i wouldn't bet on this wave lasting more than a year maybe two if you're lucky. Why do you think activision/treyarch make a new COD every year? Nintendo makes mario/zelda games every year?

Kraken has no weakness. if it is leveled high enough along with shields/shockers protecting the core is useless no matter what. Make the kraken multiplicative not addative that way the viruses must merge to unleash their full strength. Separate them, and boom they aren't as much of a threat, stratagies will change and make it more interesting to players instead of the universal idea "hey people don't kraken me if i put the core out front!"

Ability to spend real money on credits->spend those credits on in game bitcoin/$-> get that money stolen... Is it just me or did you legalize actual theft??? Not cool. Hope the lawmakers don't find out. ;) I would just play my business safe and drop that feature. Not like there aren't a ton of other chances to spend. Why run the risk???

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:20 am

DankUnicornMemz wrote:Hackers the game CONS:

$100 MTX REALLY??? Next thing i know your going to have a $28,000 skin like Star Citizen and everyone is going to laugh at you.$10-20 for the game, $5-10 per add on multiplied over the fanbase. Good enough call it a day.

Can't turn Ads off ever... I hate ads i pay to be rid of them wherever possible, but not here. Double ransome greed much Trickster Arts??? Revenue from players and advertizers???

Are you forced to watch the ads? No. You chose to watch them. Your fault.

DankUnicornMemz wrote:Wait times. Sure one upgrade isn't bad but all of them stack and make it so long i have lost count of all the dead networks I've run into from people just plain getting bored and quitting. I know your intentionally trying to frustrate people into paying but it is just making them get bored->quit->play something else. Hell even i play hackers for a few minutes leave it alone until an upgrade is done(usually the game is begging me to come back in my notifications by then) and repeat.

I do agree that the waiting time is becoming more and more horrendous as the upgrade level got higher, but you have multiple threads to increase the building speed. And making you logging off means letting other players try to hack you to get resources or ranking points.

DankUnicornMemz wrote:Micro or should i say MACRO transactions. Damn everyone i've ever met has said it and I'll say it again. THEY SUCK!! NOBODY LIKES THEM, AND RICH KIDS WITH NO CREDIT LIMIT ARE THE REASON THIS MODEL WORKS. Please i beg you be like Borderlands 2 make a great game then make add-ons like they did. I will buy all of them assuming they are like borderlands 2 and its DLC. New content= new revenue. Burger joints make money cuz they keep pumping out great burgers not because they charge a rich kid $100 for one burger and call it quits, don't be that business it's a bad idea. The AI really reinvigorated the game and brought people back but i wouldn't bet on this wave lasting more than a year maybe two if you're lucky. Why do you think activision/treyarch make a new COD every year? Nintendo makes mario/zelda games every year?

While I do agree this kind of payment means pay-to-win (kind of), more accurately pay-to-be-faster-than-the-others. But you still can play just fine without using real money, it's just that your progress would be slower than paying players. Lack of content is of course the reason of ANY games dying after a while, but hey not everyone is as resourceful in brainstorming new ideas as other developers. The premium currency in this game is not forcing you to use it to be able to play the game. If you can't play it without the benefits of having credits, then this game probably not for you.

DankUnicornMemz wrote:Kraken has no weakness. if it is leveled high enough along with shields/shockers protecting the core is useless no matter what. Make the kraken multiplicative not addative that way the viruses must merge to unleash their full strength. Separate them, and boom they aren't as much of a threat, stratagies will change and make it more interesting to players instead of the universal idea "hey people don't kraken me if i put the core out front!"

Kraken has weakness: it goes straight to core. Meaning? You can manipulate its trail. Most of the time players using Kraken are trapped into an isolated Core or even away from the main security clusters. High ranking players have their Core in the middle or back, not at the front. And they can maintain their ranks.

DankUnicornMemz wrote:Ability to spend real money on credits->spend those credits on in game bitcoin/$-> get that money stolen... Is it just me or did you legalize actual theft??? Not cool. Hope the lawmakers don't find out. ;) I would just play my business safe and drop that feature. Not like there aren't a ton of other chances to spend. Why run the risk???

Ability to spend real money on credits > spend those credits in-game bitcoin/$ > use the damn bitcoin/$ > not getting stolen.
If you fill your bitcoin/$ storage without using it after that, you're looking for trouble. Not to mention every kind of this genre have the same system of resource-stealing, and no one complained about this.

Sycro Nite

Postby Sycro Nite » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:39 pm

what I dislike is that I can't be friends With Anyone on the game I always need Facebook for that...

CLOCKEnessMNSTR

Postby CLOCKEnessMNSTR » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:35 am

Still hate the differences in dps and abilities of blaster vs black ice. (My only other post is a rant about that basically.)

The blaster seems to be way too powerful, being able to shock and have a much higher DPS than the black ice. Why doesn't the black ice shock nodes?

the new AI update is great!