What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
TheLurkingRage

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Postby TheLurkingRage » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:03 am

crack wrote:Part of the gaming experience is logging in and not knowing, all under pressure, must act fast lose the hack or the chance to get what u want, it's nice and not, both at the same time.

Not sure what you're saying... you mean connecting to a network and instead of inspecting it first, just winging it?
DEATH TO SMURFS! >:)

TheLurkingRage
Top Rank: #1 for nearly 2 months
Top Rep: 4.9k
Smurfed/minmaxed/exploited shield to reach top: Nope
Player since: Mid January
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

crack

Postby crack » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Yeah winging it
Neither of these!!! Pay 2 Win /Smurf /Minmaxer :shock: Definitely these!!! 0$ dude/ TP/ RHG/Play by the ROE/Friendly/& an ass *donkey) lol

ThunderX

Postby ThunderX » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:04 pm

What I Like-
1) The bugs in this game are hard to find
2)I love the concepts of hacking in this game and I'm never bored of reading the news
3) It was a good idea to add the chat feature
What I don't like :?:
1) The game sometimes crashes on Apple devices
2) Can there be more to the news? Things like displaying our success or info about missions i.e.- Stormcorp systems had been hacked... People question the loses of personal info / Stormcorp systems restored- officials thank client for help but keep name anonymous? Something like that. You sure get the idea
3) you should probably add mor features to the chat , bcoz it's really not so easy to find friends using Facebook
I'm not gonna add more so that the work would be less... Just coz I know you don't like some lotta work
Suggestions
1-missions should probably give more loot
2-if the upgrades should give a little more damage
3- The shurken
4- Add more functions for the attacks , stealth gets me detected quick ... Full thrust attacks aren't much effective at some point...
I'll add more feedback later
Thanks for reading this. Hopefully the game would improve (in players )

Stuboy13

Postby Stuboy13 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 pm

I'm learning all the time with the game. I'm new to all this and I enjoy learning new stuff. Hope i can get to a level overall where I ain't gotta keep asking basic questions.

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:41 pm

Luminaar wrote:
Mchief wrote:Easy fix , when you connect to another network you get a snapshot of it in it's current state with no timer that you can view it as long as you want, then you can click the disconnect button ( default action if you time out) or attack which gives you a 5 second count down before the fun begins, hitting access during this 5 seconds starts a stealth hack.
The issue here is that, for as long as a player is connected to the network, the owner of the network is prevented from logging in. (This prevents things such as the defender spending the resources before the attacker can loot them, or the attacker looting resources that are already spent!)

An unscrupulous player would be able to lock a defender out of their network indefinitely, by remaining connected for "as long as they want".

Sorry Luminaar, but snap shot and connection are not the same thing , when you "inspect" a network you get the snap shot you still are not "connected" In The game sense the target can still log in and do what ever , it's more or less the same in capture feature on most phones but interactive, when you hit the attack button you have 5 seconds to hit a stealth program or just attack( mean while the system checks if an attack is allowed), then one of two things happen, one, the server checks and the player is logged on and bounces back a message that "the admin is active, canceling attack", or the player is logged off and the attack commences as normal, from the server side it's looks like the player went right to stealth mode/outright attack .

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:45 am

While I can certainly see a proposed difference between a snapshot and a connection, the method of
Mchief wrote:can view it as long as you want, then you can click the disconnect button
and use of the word "disconnect", implies that the original state is a "connected" one.

All that aside, thanks for the clarification - I have a better understanding of what you mean now.

I'll ask the guys about the 30 second counter and why it exists. I can certainly speculate with reasons such as "increased anticipation", or whether it's done to simulate "only one person being able to connect to a port" or "connections to a network can be detected" etc, but there will no doubt be a reason as to why a player isn't given the option to view a target network indefinitely or why they don't want multiple players to have an attack primed at the same time. (Maybe there's the potential for 2 people viewing and pressing "attack" at the same time to both get through for example?)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

zyxemman

Postby zyxemman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:54 am

I love everything (but not everthing? lol),.. this is the only game i played for months and get addicted

What i don't like:
-(recommendation actually :lol: ) i think the nodes are too few, it would be great if you could add some new nodes thought it's a problem actually...
-Bug: a funny and useful bug, i used to play and buy programs (beam cannons etc..) and then my phone shutdown, when i open it, my programs are duplicated (ex. 30 beam cannons - 60 beam cannons), it passes the limited program slot.. it happened last month i think PICTURE SHOWN BELOW
-A 15 level higher than me can search and hack me
and
-The game is not famous xD.. this game deserves something, thumbs up
Attachments
final_bstSnapshot_92561.jpg
final_bstSnapshot_92561.jpg (82.6 KiB) Viewed 48 times
In-game name: Paradox
Current rep: 0
Highest rep: 1500+

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:19 am

zyxemman wrote:I love everything (but not everthing? lol),.. this is the only game i played for months and get addicted

What i don't like:
-(recommendation actually :lol: ) i think the nodes are too few, it would be great if you could add some new nodes thought it's a problem actually...
[color=#FF0000][b]-Bug: a funny and useful bug, i used to play and buy programs (beam cannons etc..) and then my phone shutdown, when i open it, my programs are duplicated (ex. 30 beam cannons - 60 beam cannons), it passes the limited program slot.. it happened last month i think
-A 15 level higher than me can search and hack me
and
-The game is not famous xD.. this game deserves something, thumbs up

Damn, out of all bugs that's the one I really want to encounter. Having 600 disk space would be fantastic!
I agree that the nodes are too few, mainly because programs are overpowered. If we had more to work with then it'd be more balanced I think.
And yeah, this game ain't as popular as others, but it should be. Maybe a famous YouTuber should get his hands on it and if he's hooked, then that'll give the game a boost even tho it's already 1 year old.
DEATH TO SMURFS! >:)

TheLurkingRage
Top Rank: #1 for nearly 2 months
Top Rep: 4.9k
Smurfed/minmaxed/exploited shield to reach top: Nope
Player since: Mid January
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:10 am

Mchief wrote:when you connect to another network you get a snapshot of it in it's current state with no timer that you can view it as long as you want
Just a follow up to the previous. :)

The 30 second timer exists as the result of a design choice, specifically, "less buttons / minimal input to launch an attack" and "create a seamless transition to initiate an attack".

Relating specifically to the latter, while the seperate choices of Scout/Attack were an option, it did create a few problems which they thought could be improved upon from a design perspective. When you observe a network and decide to attack, they wanted this to be a smooth and instant transition. A read-only mode was considered however! The "read-only mode" experience would have required both an additional UI which placed extra steps before you'd even started an attack, as well as need an addition Attack command which, as you pointed out, could result in "admin online" or "another hacker" there. The possibility of having players be "able to connect one moment" and "not connect the next" was something that had the potential for frustration and was something they wished to avoid. Removing the middleman was the best way to achieve this.

Something else that was considered alongside this was the potential for a network to be very different than what was observed in read-only mode, due to the admin reorganising the network between what could potentially be an unlimited amount of time. While not a massive problem on the grand scale of things, the idea of "planning a hack", only to find the network had substantially changed would be a negative experience.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.