Idea to make game fun for all types

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Mchief

Idea to make game fun for all types

Postby Mchief » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 pm

So in the current game you have many players, who live in one of two groups , your either a player who focused entirely on offences and minamilized networks taking all the resources from anyone you find or your some one else's farm, not so much making resources but holding them for some one else for a bit. The main reason I can see with this is that with all the play styles people have we only have one core network layout style that every one has to use.

So the suggestion add core specializations to allow for entirly. Different styles of play.

Core type 1 - standard - pretty much what we have now a good mix of everything but not strong in any area.

Core type 2 - hyper farm - this core represents a person who owns a full on business and is a little more in line with the law but only slightly, all farms and mines convert into business nodes that produce both resources and you can have up to core level of them . Databases and mixers turn into bank nodes whose function is to harvest X% of the resources on the network each hour and place them in a unstealable location ( think withdrawing paper money).
Hyper farm users do not have access to any stealth programs , Maniac, kraken, or shocker.
Purpose - currently the game has a problem with players leaving because they build networks that in essence become farms for the more aggressive hacker, with this setup players can still make a farm setup to support hackers loot but they make enough and bank enough that they can still progress, as a draw back they don't have access to the best toys.

Core type 3 - core hacker - this core is for the dedicated hacker who prefers hacking in of itself , the players mines/farms turn into target trackers that give X free target searches per day , for now we will put X at node level , a type three can have one compiler for every 7 core levels and overall more library space, each library would give X free compiles per day. Each time a node on a core hacker is hacked you have a chance to get "intel" which the authorities will pay you for in either coin or bc with the amount dependant on the targets rep which will drop with turn in.
Purpose - gives players who just want to hack the ability to do so more often and rely on there winnings while not stalling them if they fail to often. Players who hack them gain resources from the authorities from sold Intel which lowers the hacker online rep.

Core type 4 - Stealth core - as the name implies this core is all about getting in and out with out triggering network defences . Due to a Stealth networks setup stealth attacks against them only have 2000 vis points while standing attacks have a full 4 minutes . On the plus side a stealth hacker Gaines 200 vis per seconds on stealth attacks but does not use normal programs. As a stealth core does not use normal programs portal now unleashes a shuriken like attack that attacks all nodes up to two nodes away like the access program does now.
Purpose - there have been many posts about how stealth has become wraith there gates then done, increasing stealth power could not be balanced with programs like portal so this core gives a large boast while removing the standard attack options

TheLurkingRage

Re: Idea to make game fun for all types

Postby TheLurkingRage » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:10 am

Nah... in games like this you're either the predator or the pray. If you can't be bothered to put the necessary time and effort into the game then you're not going to get any better at it and that applies to all games ever. Nothing you suggested would bring any sort of benefit to anyone so I disagree with it completely. If you don't want to bother to hack or are tired of getting hacked and as a result not being able to progress, then take the p2w route and purchase your resources. At least you'd be supporting the game then.
DEATH TO SMURFS! >:)

TheLurkingRage
Top Rank: #1 for nearly 2 months
Top Rep: 4.9k
Smurfed/minmaxed/exploited shield to reach top: Nope
Player since: Mid January
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Sibernetika

Postby Sibernetika » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:58 am

Not everyone here wants to change their sleeping patterns and get friends to keep them unhackable, nor feel like spending $1000 like did using all 3 methods to progress.. If so many people are complaining about this being a problem then it is a problem. The game isn't set revolve just around you lurk ;)
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

Alfatrion

Postby Alfatrion » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:50 am

I like how the game is simple in it elements and adds on that though configuration of nodes and programs. I do think that there are problems, relating to experience, but I do not think this is the solution to those, because then the game is complicated. I believe that making the game more fun for all types is best achieved by make a number of small improvement over time, because those have a high change of success over a single big change.

I believe the main problem lies with the fact that upgrading mines and farms give you experience. Those who do upgrade their mines and farms will met those who have experience from upgrading other stuff. I believe the obvious step to take is remove the experience from upgrading mines and farms. For the farmers this means that they mean they rise slower and are less likely to become pray. For the minmaxers this means they now also can upgrade their mines and farms, because there is no longer a penalty for doing so.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Alfatrion wrote:I believe the main problem lies with the fact that upgrading mines and farms give you experience. Those who do upgrade their mines and farms will met those who have experience from upgrading other stuff. I believe the obvious step to take is remove the experience from upgrading mines and farms. For the farmers this means that they mean they rise slower and are less likely to become pray. For the minmaxers this means they now also can upgrade their mines and farms, because there is no longer a penalty for doing so.

Not quite, because you'd still be wasting node space and have a weaker network.
DEATH TO SMURFS! >:)

TheLurkingRage
Top Rank: #1 for nearly 2 months
Top Rep: 4.9k
Smurfed/minmaxed/exploited shield to reach top: Nope
Player since: Mid January
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage