Leveling

jaboos

Leveling

Postby jaboos » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:34 am

Hello. How can I reach another level of my heroes? For last days of playing I cannot see any progress, I still have level 3...
Where I can see any exp? My nick - LordSid

Thank you for answer...

Erric

Re: Leveling

Postby Erric » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:17 am

Hey, you get experience and level by opening new packs. We already added "level up" toast message when you open a pack and level up. To get more packs, you collect the white Orbs from shards and also get Orbs by completing daily quests. Free packs can then be purchased in Packs-Shop.

Your heroes don't level one by one, you gain overall level as a player.

We are aware that these things are not very clear in BETA. There is a version 0.095 on android including hints explaining most unclear topics and there will be (hopefully today) version 96 on both android and ios with some other UI and hint improvements to make things clearer.

And there will be proper tutorial in future :)

jaboos

Postby jaboos » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:23 am

Thanks for answer :). Anyway - leveling by packs... so classic model - more money spent, higher level :roll:

Erric

Postby Erric » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:26 am

Let me post here what I wrote on discord on a similar comment:

"What's the point of the player lvl? It seems to me that it's tied with packs opened, which doesn't make much sense" - Packs opened is the only solid quantity we have to define "player's power". The other most closest option is using your relative strength (like reputation in hackers) based on shards you can beat vs shards where you fail. But this can be vastly exploited by intentionally losing, dropping to lower levels and easily farming orbs there. Low rep farming is an issue Hackers have and for example Hearthstone too.

In standard RPGs level is what unlocks you all the powers and abilities, it's the other way around in Monolisk, you get your power from cards and that's what defines your level. And the level is then used for the system to offer you the right shards, difficulty an rewards.

Trpaslik

Postby Trpaslik » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:18 pm

I am stuck at level 3 at the moment as well (loving the game btw.) and wondered this myself. While first two levels were pretty easy (basically coins from first two quests were more than enough) on level three i have to farm almost 200 shards to get enough coins even for another pack (with shards around lvl 3 it seems 5 coins is the average number per shard). I have even problem to find shards i can beat now as it seems there is not enough lvl 3 shards. There is many unbeatable ones between "suggested" so im just running through some low level "new" ones atm.
I realize that building dungeons is part of the game as well, so i have two shards already, but even this doesnt help too much with leveling.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:55 pm

Hey, thanks for the feedback. :)
Trpaslik wrote:it seems there is not enough lvl 3 shards. There is many unbeatable ones between "suggested" so im just running through some low level "new" ones atm.
As of now, players can run shards that are up to +5 in difficulty, based on their hero level. For example, a level 3 Hero will be offered shards up to Difficulty 8.

This amount may certainly be adjusted in the future, as we know that there's quite a difference in relative difficulty between a Level 3 Hero taking on a Level 8 shard and a Level 15 Hero taking on a Level 20. What we're looking at doing instead though is giving players more packs/equipment during the early stages - see below! :D
Trpaslik wrote:on level three i have to farm almost 200 shards to get enough coins even for another pack (with shards around lvl 3 it seems 5 coins is the average number per shard).
We've recently added an additional quest for the early stages of the game which will give players 1000 orbs - enough for another shot at some early equipment.

We also intend to let Heroes choose extra cards early on in their adventure, so they can better equip the hero they want to play, and bridge the difficulty gap at earlier levels as mentioned above. Need a bow for your Hunter, an ability for your Mage, some defence for your Warrior for example? You'll be able to choose up to 5 additional cards that you need as you play.

As for earning packs/farming, we anticipate that players will be able to earn a pack each day with an hour or so of play. Players get a quest each day for a substantial amount of orbs, and are already completing shards for a decent number of orbs per minute of play.

Farming further than that each day will of course take a bit longer. Naturally, if you're only logging in every other day, there's guaranteed to be 2 quests available for at least 1000 orbs and another pack, as each quest gives at least 500 orbs. :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Return to “HEROES”