Hacked by same guy 3 times in a row [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
prateekpc42

Hacked by same guy 3 times in a row [RESOLVED]

Postby prateekpc42 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:40 am

How is this even possible that same guy is hacking me again and again.. please fix this issue. It must be glitch..

Luminaar

Re: Hacked by same guy 3 times in a row

Postby Luminaar » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:16 am

It's not a glitch, just a common misconception that attacks work the same way in all games. :)

In Hackers, a player is prevented from showing up in a search result for 3 hours once they've been successfully attacked. Here's the basic criteria for finding targets via the search button:
Players are able to be searched as a target on the World Map on the condition that:
a) they are offline
b) they are not under the protection of a 9SEC security shield and
c) 3 hours after passed since having been the victim of a successful hack.
Note that after 3 hours, players are not shielded from attacks completely - they are simply prevented from being found as a new target. A player is still able to be attacked by other players who have previously found them on a search (but haven't attacked them yet), as well as via a retrace.

Because of this, it is possible for players to be attacked multiple times during a day. The good news is that you can also attack the same person multiple times too!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

prateekpc42

Re: Hacked by same guy 3 times in a row [RESOLVED]

Postby prateekpc42 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:52 pm

How can I attack older ones ? Means how can I find them again. Please guide.

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:29 pm

prateekpc42 wrote:How can I attack older ones ? Means how can I find them again. Please guide.

Only 2 known ways:
1. refresh world screen until you find him/her
2. hoping s/he would attack you so you can do a retrace on him/her.

prateekpc42

Postby prateekpc42 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:58 pm

HCX - DReaD wrote:
prateekpc42 wrote:How can I attack older ones ? Means how can I find them again. Please guide.

Only 2 known ways:
1. refresh world screen until you find him/her
2. hoping s/he would attack you so you can do a retrace on him/her.

the guy attacked me 4th time in a row know. how to prevent him from attacking me again. i haven't attacked him yet. Please suggest. :shock:

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:11 pm

prateekpc42 wrote:
the guy attacked me 4th time in a row know. how to prevent him from attacking me again. i haven't attacked him yet. Please suggest. :shock:

One question:
Did you attack him back? If you did, then he can just simply retrace you and do a counterattack every time you attack him.

If you didn't attack him back and he keeps finding you, it's probably because the player pool in your reputation range is low that he can find your base every 3 hours just from refreshing.

Suggestion: Either lower or raise your rank to outside of his range. Example, if he's in 750-ish reputation, lowering your reputation to below 500 would make it harder (or prevent) for him from finding you again.

prateekpc42

Postby prateekpc42 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:03 am

HCX - DReaD wrote:
prateekpc42 wrote:

One question:
Did you attack him back? If you did, then he can just simply retrace you and do a counterattack every time you attack him.

If you didn't attack him back and he keeps finding you, it's probably because the player pool in your reputation range is low that he can find your base every 3 hours just from refreshing.

Suggestion: Either lower or raise your rank to outside of his range. Example, if he's in 750-ish reputation, lowering your reputation to below 500 would make it harder (or prevent) for him from finding you again.

I did not counter attacked him. He is getting me again and again. he got me 5th time. LOL.
I will try to raise my rank as per your suggestion.
Thanks a lot ! :D