Hacked by High Level Hackers [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
bnpruitt18
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Hacked by High Level Hackers [RESOLVED]

Postby bnpruitt18 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:26 pm

I’m currently only level 23 (b1ackph0en7x) and just achieved over 1500 in reputation; as soon as I hit that milestone, I have been hacked by levels 49, 61, and 62 hackers within a day. They hack me with minimal amount of programs and there’s nothing I can do with my network to stop them since they have such high level programs and networks.

I don’t believe this is fair just because I was able to reach 1500 in reputation because now I am not able to protect my resources (or reputation). This is the first time I’ve encountered this. Please look into this!

(I attempted to upload a photo of the hacks but it’s saying the photo is too large.)

User avatar
TheLurkingRage
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 am
Contact:

Re: Hacked by High Level Hackers

Postby TheLurkingRage » Thu May 24, 2018 7:51 am

Hi,
This is no bug. The search works as it does because there was a flaw in the previous way the search worked that allowed players to stay in the optimum search pool where they're the strongest and go up against the weakest by minmaxing and allowed them to climb the leaderboards without higher levels getting a chance to fight directly with them for the spot (kind of like being too big a fish for a small pond). It may seem unfair to you, but you're entering the competitive rep range, so if you can't defend your rep, then you're not ready to compete yet. I see two flaws in the way the search works now: lower players apparently can't find much higher leveled players in the search, so it's like a one way street unless you use the retraces and there is no warning or anything letting the player know they're entering the competitive rep range before they blindly do so. However, since it has helped rid of some exploits, I see the new search as superior to the previous one. Competing for the leaderboard spots is now a bit more fair since then.

BTW in order to show images bigger than 250kb you may use an image sharing site like imgur or discord where you can copy a direct link to said image and paste it in your post in between "img][/img" (with beggining and end bracket... just had to take them out so you can see it).
Last edited by TheLurkingRage on Thu May 24, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.5k
Player since: January 2017
Status: Active
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

bnpruitt18
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Re: Hacked by High Level Hackers

Postby bnpruitt18 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:39 am

Thank you for taking the time to reply and help clear it up for me. It seems to me that there needs to be a system in place to keep hackers from “min/maxing” and, like you said, warn those who achieve a certain reputation that they will be more likely hacked by higher level players. I’m afraid now that all the success I’ve made thus far and all the resources I will gather will now be totally useless if I’m at the mercy of higher ranked players.

Also, I know there are certain higher level hackers who do not care about reputation at all and only hack for resources - how can lower level hackers who DO care about their reputation (and work hard to get a high reputation) protect themselves from the hackers who do not care yet have high level programs?

I feel like a better system needs to be in place like cutting off leveling certain nodes/programs based on your network level (not just core level) and only being able to hack others within a 5-level difference - I believe that would help solve the min/max issue, but that’s just an idea and could prove disastrous in application.

User avatar
TheLurkingRage
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 am
Contact:

Re: Hacked by High Level Hackers

Postby TheLurkingRage » Thu May 24, 2018 11:00 am

bnpruitt18 wrote:Thank you for taking the time to reply and help clear it up for me. It seems to me that there needs to be a system in place to keep hackers from “min/maxing” and, like you said, warn those who achieve a certain reputation that they will be more likely hacked by higher level players. I’m afraid now that all the success I’ve made thus far and all the resources I will gather will now be totally useless if I’m at the mercy of higher ranked players.

Also, I know there are certain higher level hackers who do not care about reputation at all and only hack for resources - how can lower level hackers who DO care about their reputation (and work hard to get a high reputation) protect themselves from the hackers who do not care yet have high level programs?

I feel like a better system needs to be in place like cutting off leveling certain nodes/programs based on your network level (not just core level) and only being able to hack others within a 5-level difference - I believe that would help solve the min/max issue, but that’s just an idea and could prove disastrous in application.

Haha no, that's exactly what made min/maxing an exploit and not just a strategy. Minmaxing required you to start over since XP was not refundable before the AI update, so they got much higher program and node levels than any player going at it for the first time should have realistically. I had level 6 Shurikens, like level 4 Protector and level 4 Rams at around level 40s on my first account, but once I got good at the game I went at it again and achieved level 6 Shurikens, level 4 Rams and level 4 Protector by something ridiculously low like level 15 (would say that's a record but can't confirm). It makes a BIG difference knowing what to upgrade from the very start and the suggestion you've made was how the search worked and that's what gave minmaxers an unfair advantage over everyone else playing the game for the first time. You think it's unfair getting hacked by higher leveled players? Well these minmaxers could be lower level than you and can hack you with the same program levels as the high level players... now that's "unfair".

Now, to address your other concerns, you could stop trying to purposefully climb rep. Don't capture the core or the full control triangle to gain as little rep as possible. There is also the desperate option of dropping rep, but that's another exploit very similar to minmaxing which I do not endorse and absolutely hate anyone who does it. Everyone who appears on the leaderboards cares about rep, so forget about trying to go up against them. The ones that truly don't care about rep and only resources use the low rep exploit where they stay as low rep as possible to hunt on poor trapped souls trying to progress (I was once in the receiving end of this which is why I hate minmaxers and low rep exploiting scrubs). Same "big fish in a small pond" problem, except there's a lot of resources down there. You will easily make constant significant progress if you drop rep, but trust me your skill level will drop significantly. So much so that you might as well forget about ever competing for the leaderboards. If you do decide to do what I did and stick through it all and never drop rep nor intentionally fail hacks, then I promise you when you reach endgame (level 70+) you'll become a much better player than 99% of the player base. Beware tho... if you think it's difficult to progress up here, you don't know the struggle until you watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5QWEH5IbSg

If you decide to take my route and let your rep more accurately represent your skill level, then when (if) you reach the top you'd definitely receive my praise for such an achievement. But of course, it is your network so you get to decide what to do with it so do as you see fit.
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.5k
Player since: January 2017
Status: Active
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

bnpruitt18
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Re: Hacked by High Level Hackers [RESOLVED]

Postby bnpruitt18 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:15 pm

Do you know for certain that it’s only above 1500 where I’m able to be targeted by higher level hackers, or since I’ve made the advanced rank that I’m susceptible? I guess I’ll stay below 1500 if the first question is how it is, even though I hate purposely losing to stay below 1500.

Thank you so much again for clearing this all up for me and explaining how it all works.

Luminaar
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Hacked by High Level Hackers [RESOLVED]

Postby Luminaar » Fri May 25, 2018 12:19 am

bnpruitt18 wrote:Do you know for certain that it’s only above 1500 where I’m able to be targeted by higher level hackers, or since I’ve made the advanced rank that I’m susceptible?
I can confirm that 1500 is indeed the threshold. Note however that it's not all higher level players that can attack you - attacker reputation is also taken into account.

For example, when initially breaking the threshold at 1500 rep, you'll still not be to be searched by players above 2150 reputation. The higher up in reputation you go, hackers of increasingly higher reputation will have a chance to find you on the search.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

bnpruitt18
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Re: Hacked by High Level Hackers [RESOLVED]

Postby bnpruitt18 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:41 am

Luminaar wrote:
bnpruitt18 wrote:Do you know for certain that it’s only above 1500 where I’m able to be targeted by higher level hackers, or since I’ve made the advanced rank that I’m susceptible?
I can confirm that 1500 is indeed the threshold. Note however that it's not all higher level players that can attack you - attacker reputation is also taken into account.

For example, when initially breaking the threshold at 1500 rep, you'll still not be to be searched by players above 2150 reputation. The higher up in reputation you go, hackers of increasingly higher reputation will have a chance to find you on the search.


Ok, thank you!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest