Scrolling issue [KNOWN ISSUE]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
jwgrant2

Scrolling issue [KNOWN ISSUE]

Postby jwgrant2 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:05 am

Since the update, sometimes when scrolling in any of the log, build/buy, or compile/develop windows, it seems to cause the area inside the window to go blank. A small number of times it will come back after a few moments, but mostly it stays blank until you restart the game.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-05-20-04-53-28[1].png
Screenshot_2018-05-20-04-53-28[1].png (137.43 KiB) Viewed 864 times
Screenshot_2018-05-20-04-53-16[1].png
Screenshot_2018-05-20-04-53-16[1].png (184.31 KiB) Viewed 864 times
Screenshot_2018-05-20-04-52-41[1].png
Screenshot_2018-05-20-04-52-41[1].png (107.43 KiB) Viewed 864 times

Luminaar

Re: Scrolling issue

Postby Luminaar » Sun May 20, 2018 11:58 am

jwgrant2 wrote:Since the update, sometimes when scrolling in any of the log, build/buy, or compile/develop windows, it seems to cause the area inside the window to go blank. A small number of times it will come back after a few moments, but mostly it stays blank until you restart the game.
Thanks for the report!

We are aware of this issue, and while we don't have a precise fix for it at the moment, restarting your device does indeed work as a temporary solution.

If we need extra info from you regarding this, one of the devs will pop over and request it. If not, we'll get a solution for this uploaded as quickly as we can!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

TheLurkingRage

Re: Scrolling issue [IN PROGRESS]

Postby TheLurkingRage » Thu May 24, 2018 8:01 am

jwgrant2 wrote:Since the update, sometimes when scrolling in any of the log, build/buy, or compile/develop windows, it seems to cause the area inside the window to go blank. A small number of times it will come back after a few moments, but mostly it stays blank until you restart the game.

Hey mind providing a bit more details, please? What version of android, phone model, phone specs, had you been using the phone for a long time, were there any more apps taking up ram, etc. From all the info I've gathered it appears to only be affecting old android devices as it happened once on my HTC One S but hasn't happened on my Sony Xperia X or PC. Also to add to Lumi's reply, LadTy stated "Unity's next versions have many 'android fixes' in their release notes and some seem like they might help with this. But the problem is, that there's something else (and kinda crucial) that gets broken with the upgrade :D :-| I'm trying to find a way to make it work so I could make a build with never version, but for now no success."
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.5k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Pyzro

Postby Pyzro » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:33 pm

I have the same issue frequently.

Android version 4.4.4 Motorola Droid Maxx. There are no further updates for my phone.

There's also an issue with the countdown timers. Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVddgQ6ZoOs

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Pyzro wrote:Android version 4.4.4 [...] There's also an issue with the countdown timers. Here's a video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVddgQ6ZoOs
Thanks. This correlates with the information we have currently. :D

A fix for this has been created, but unfortunately, the proposed solution creates other issues. :roll: The problem itself is related specifically to devices running Android 4.x, and looks to be due to an issue with the latest Unity build.

We'll keep working on a solution, and hopefully this won't conflict with a future unity "fix" that gets implemented!

Thanks for the information and video!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

jwgrant2

Postby jwgrant2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:14 am

The previous phone I was using was android 4.x something, now using a different phone 5.0, no issues.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:12 pm

jwgrant2 wrote:The previous phone I was using was android 4.x something, now using a different phone 5.0, no issues.
Thanks for the confirmation regarding your Android OS version - much appreciated!

Popeye

Postby Popeye » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:26 am

Hello,

I've got the same issue here.
Quite an old phone too.
Just an additional piece of information : the problem correlates exactly with a bug of the ingame clock : systematically, when the problem occurs , all the timers appears to be a bit hazardous, like if the game was synchronising over multiple clocks.

Looking forward for this fix cause it's 50% ruinning the game.

Keep up the good work !

Best regards

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Popeye wrote:I've got the same issue here.
Quite an old phone too.
Just an additional piece of information : the problem correlates exactly with a bug of the ingame clock : systematically, when the problem occurs , all the timers appears to be a bit hazardous, like if the game was synchronising over multiple clocks.
Thanks for the confirmation. The issue still looks to be with Android 4.x, and upgrading to Android 5+ where possible has been reported to fix the issues.

As for the clock issue, does it look something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPYsAQhPNYU

Popeye

Postby Popeye » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:12 am

As for the clock issue, does it look something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPYsAQhPNYU

Exactly !