Wifi signal problems? [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
Alfatrion

Wifi signal problems? [RESOLVED]

Postby Alfatrion » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:45 pm

I sometimes get the wifi signal when I am on a PC (wired internet). Today I had the radio in the background and the signal appeared for a couple second, but as far as I knew the internet was just functioning fine. Could this be a bug?

Luminaar

Re: Wifi signal problems?

Postby Luminaar » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:07 pm

Alfatrion wrote:I sometimes get the wifi signal when I am on a PC (wired internet). Today I had the radio in the background and the signal appeared for a couple second, but as far as I knew the internet was just functioning fine. Could this be a bug?
The connection symbol that flashes up isn't specifically an indication of internet connectivity, but connectivity in general.

The symbol displays when the game "hasn't received information" that it believes it should've received by now. The usual cases of this *are* dropped internet connections of course, but there are other factors such as dropped packets, and information being delayed enroute between yourself and the server. The symbol should usually disappear once the required information has reached your device.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Alfatrion

Postby Alfatrion » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:30 pm

It lasted only a second, but it was enough to force me to reconnect twice. Once I lost the hack over this.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:17 pm

Alfatrion wrote:It lasted only a second, but it was enough to force me to reconnect twice. Once I lost the hack over this.
This seems to be something that is not fixable on either our or your end, as the delays seem to occur after the data is sent from your device, but before reaching us.

The time it takes can differ depending on many things, including latency, proxy connections, and even the route it takes. What I can tell you is that things seem to have been running smoothly server side, as well as mention that this is an isolated report at the moment - normally if there's a wide problem with connections, there's no shortage of reports. :)

If this isn't a normal case for yourself (which could be indicative of other things such as incorrect settings, poor connection etc), then the most likely cause is a small problem occurring somewhere between point A and B - usually nothing major or noticeable - and unfortunately unresolvable, but in gaming cases it can sometimes be enough to cause a timing issue.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Alfatrion

Re: Wifi signal problems? [RESOLVED]

Postby Alfatrion » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Thanks for you input.