Being hacked twice [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
AlienGeist

Being hacked twice [RESOLVED]

Post by AlienGeist » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:04 pm

Hello

I thought i read somewhere that it isnt possible being hacked twice by the same guy in less hours ... but i got it and i didnt even tried him to hack.

And also his name is a bit weird for me oO
Link to capture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01KC0 ... p=drivesdk

Hope there is a reason for that ...

Luminaar

Re: Being hacked twice

Post by Luminaar » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:44 pm

AlienGeist wrote:I thought i read somewhere that it isnt possible being hacked twice by the same guy in less hours.
Close, but not quite! (Thanks for the screenshot btw, things like this really help.)

Players are protected against being searched on the World Map for 3 hours, once they are the victim of a successful attack. The attack made by the player at around 12:00 was not successful however, as they failed to obtain a single Win Condition. This results in anyone - not just the same player - being able to find you on the World Map straight away.

(On a side note, there's very much a misconception regarding the ability to be attacked by the same player, possibly due to other games. In Hackers, there are no additional penalties regarding the same player being able to attack someone. If a player is able to be searched on the World Map, then they are able to be searched by ALL range-appropriate players - there are no exclusions if that player has already attacked you.)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.