Connection issues [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
A.Smith

Connection issues [RESOLVED]

Postby A.Smith » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:00 am

Do you know how hard it is to get points? In addition to the difficulty of the game it is necessary to add that every time there are problems of connection one loses points and in many occasions the compiled programs, in less than a week and lost more than 100 it is really frustrating and it gives desire to surrender and to leave the game .

Luminaar

Re: Connection issues

Postby Luminaar » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:34 pm

A.Smith wrote:Do you know how hard it is to get points? In addition to the difficulty of the game it is necessary to add that every time there are problems of connection one loses points and in many occasions the compiled programs, in less than a week and lost more than 100 it is really frustrating and it gives desire to surrender and to leave the game .
(Same question on Facebook = same response!)

I know too well of the challenges while gaining points. I've been hovering around 1750 for ages it seems. :D

You are correct, the level of players has definitely improved since Hackers first began. Players know a lot more about the game going into it, and getting to the top of the leaderboard is certainly not as easy as it used to be!

Regarding connections, there's really not much more we can do. :( While the usual cause of this is the player simply losing their internet connection temporarily, high ping and small packets of data loss happen even on the best of connections, depending on the route it takes from A to B.

What I can tell you is that the servers have been up and running with minimal hitches. Most connection problems either occur locally, or on its way from a device to our servers. Unfortunately, in most cases, there's no resolution that can be taken by either side, as temporary connection/packet loss is simply something that happens from time to time.

Regarding gaining points, I personally find it a lot more necessary to ignore the resources that are on offer, and attack players that are higher reputation. It's usually quite rare to get both resources AND tons of reputation as the game progresses - it usually results in one or the other. Building up a strong network first, then going for high reputation afterwards seems to be a solid tactic however.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.