Been Hacked Twice By The Same Hacker! [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
Ezme

Been Hacked Twice By The Same Hacker! [RESOLVED]

Postby Ezme » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:06 pm

So, I have recently experienced a 'weird experience'. (Of course I'm not sure whether I should state it as 'weird', but the situation's pretty irritating.)

So this screenshot here...

So, here you can see, some hacker named "RUN.EXE" hacked me TWICE without me taking revenge. Well, although I was kinda irritated, but then I thought it had been an accident maybe. Until...this happened again. Another hacker somehow managed to hack me twice in a row although I didn't touch a single thread of his/her network.

Seriously, it is TOTALLY outrageous! Is there anyone out there in the dense matrix of hacking who can help me and tell me what's going on? Is it some bug in the program of the game or something else?.
Attachments
Screenshot_20170816-122546.jpg
Screenshot_20170816-122546.jpg (115.62 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
Ezme

Luminaar

Re: Been Hacked Twice By The Same Hacker!

Postby Luminaar » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:57 pm

In most situations, players are able to be found again on the World Map after 3 hours have elapsed.

This works both ways. Players are able to attack the same player themselves after 3 hours, as well as being able to receive attacks.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Ezme

Postby Ezme » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:09 am

Luminaar wrote:In most situations, players are able to be found again on the World Map after 3 hours have elapsed.

This works both ways. Players are able to attack the same player themselves after 3 hours, as well as being able to receive attacks.

So you mean that it's completely rational to get hacked by the same player twice or thrice? Well, I thought it was not because I've been playing hackers for approximately six months now and then I restarted because I couldn't progress. Funny thing is, I've played with my previous ac for about 5 months and never got hacked twice or thrice by same player.

Then I restarted and...in less 3 weeks since I restarted, I started being hacked twice or thrice by same players, on whom I DIDN'T take revenge.
What's freaking me out is that, the players who ARE hacking me over and over again are many times stronger than me, and my defense doesn't stand a chance against their attack.

Well, I may manage to be at peace with the fact that it is rational to get hacked over and over again by same players (if it is). But honestly, it is not at all encouraging if you want the players to continue playing the game.

I hope you will take a good look at this.
Ezme

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Ezme wrote:So you mean that it's completely rational to get hacked by the same player twice or thrice?
Once a player is available as a target, they are able to be attacked by anybody that finds them. There are no limits on enabling certain players to attack but preventing a specific person from hacking you. If one person can search you, then everyone can.

What we do find that happens though is that some of the better networks get attacked by the same person repeatedly. When a network is viewable by everyone, but only the strong players are able to hack it successfully, the number of unique attackers you receive drops down, sometimes resulting in a player seemingly being "attacked by only this one person."

It may not seem like it, but this is a positive sign! A weaker network would be attacked by anyone and everyone that happens to find it, which means the attack logs look varied. If the game showed you just how many network views you were receiving in comparison to the number of attackers, then it's possible people may see attacks by the same person in a different light. :P

While it's certainly possible that these players could be keeping track of when they attacked you and coming back to search exactly 3 hours later, what is much more likely is that you are being scouted by many other players, but only a select few feel confident and able enough to launch an attack. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.