Program order changes in Compiler [KNOWN ISSUE]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
Anraton

Program order changes in Compiler [KNOWN ISSUE]

Postby Anraton » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:13 pm

Luminaar wrote:This is a known issue with the current way that programs are compiled. Thanks for the breakdown!

I experience, that the order of the programs i want to compile changes as soon as i close and reopen the compile window ... is this connected to above issue?

i.e. programms to be compiled (ordered)
4x access, 2x leech, 2x Wraith

after reopening it is
4x access(2 running),2x Wraith, 2x Leech

While the compile time on this example doesn'T change on 2 compiles, it means if i need the Leeches for sure but I maybe don'T need the Wraith, i still have to wait for everything to be finished ...

Luminaar

Program order changes in Compiler [ONGOING]

Postby Luminaar » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Anraton wrote:I experience, that the order of the programs i want to compile changes as soon as i close and reopen the compile window ... is this connected to above issue?

after reopening it is
No, it's not :)

The initial post is an issue that is caused with the way programs are stored in the queue, and the way in which removing things from the queue affects them. The issue you're having is actually closer to a recent post regarding the Server Farm! :D

As an example using the above scenario, if there was a small delay in the Data Leech request reaching us, the information that is received would look similar to "I've got an order for 4 Access, then 2 Wraiths ... oh, and 2 Leeches, when did they get here?!" (you know, if ERGO had work experience in a fast food environment :P)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Anraton

Postby Anraton » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Luminaar wrote:
Anraton wrote:I experience, that the order of the programs i want to compile changes as soon as i close and reopen the compile window ... is this connected to above issue?

after reopening it is
No, it's not :)

The initial post is an issue that is caused with the way programs are stored in the queue, and the way in which removing things from the queue affects them. The issue you're having is actually closer to a recent post regarding the Server Farm! :D

As an example using the above scenario, if there was a small delay in the Data Leech request reaching us, the information that is received would look similar to "I've got an order for 4 Access, then 2 Wraiths ... oh, and 2 Leeches, when did they get here?!" (you know, if ERGO had work experience in a fast food environment :P)

I've also tried remove the wraith and requeue then ... they are added att the ende and after reopening they are resorted in between

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Anraton wrote:I've also tried remove the wraith and requeue then ... they are added att the ende and after reopening they are resorted in between
I'll split this into a new topic, so I can mark it as ongoing, and ask one of the devs to take a look :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:19 am

Luminaar wrote:
Anraton wrote:I've also tried remove the wraith and requeue then ... they are added att the ende and after reopening they are resorted in between
I'll split this into a new topic, so I can mark it as ongoing, and ask one of the devs to take a look :)
The dev team are already aware of this issues regarding program orders it seems! It's been looked into again with the new info that you provided here, but still aren't able to reproduce it precisely using multiple setups.

It was noticed that this seems to happen to yourself on a consistent basis though. Is it possible you could provide a precise step-by-step, along with any other relevant info? :)