program numbers doubled [KNOWN ISSUE]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
scrougy

program numbers doubled [KNOWN ISSUE]

Postby scrougy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:37 am

Hello!
My programs that were complied doubled for some reason after the core got upgraded to lvl 5 (i have 70 disck space taken from 35).

I have no idea what or how happened, thought better tell it before a misunderstanding arose somewhere.

I bought the second library since first writing this.

Luminaar

Re: program numbers doubled

Postby Luminaar » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:22 pm

scrougy wrote:Hello! My programs that were complied doubled for some reason after the core got upgraded to lvl 5 (i have 70 disck space taken from 35). I have no idea what or how happened, thought better tell it before a misunderstanding arose somewhere
Thanks for the report! We are aware of this happening in some cases (see here for an example,) but this is the first time I have seen that a Core upgrade has anything to do with it. Had you recently instant-compiled programs using Credits? It's possible that the Core upgrade may have been a coincidence :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

scrougy

Re: program numbers doubled [KNOWN ISSUE]

Postby scrougy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:39 am

Yes, i did use credit to speed up some on that day, but dont remember before/after the bug or both.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:33 pm

scrougy wrote:Yes, i did use credit to speed up some on that day, but dont remember before/after the bug or both.
That's fine, thanks for the extra info. :) We do have a rough idea of what's causing the issue, but the Core being responsible would've thrown a spanner in the works! For now, it's a feature that provides extra programs once in a while! :D (Read: Known Issue/Bug)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

WarIock

Postby WarIock » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Luminaar wrote:
scrougy wrote:Yes, i did use credit to speed up some on that day, but dont remember before/after the bug or both.
That's fine, thanks for the extra info. :) We do have a rough idea of what's causing the issue, but the Core being responsible would've thrown a spanner in the works! For now, it's a feature that provides extra programs once in a while! :D (Read: Known Issue/Bug)

Will there be a bad consequence if a player repeatedly used this feature by accident? :D

GamerNeo

Postby GamerNeo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:51 pm

WarIock wrote:
Luminaar wrote:

Will there be a bad consequence if a player repeatedly used this feature by accident? :D

Only if you ignore any warnings. I would imagine that they may even appreciate more info if you can replicate it everytime.

IGN: GamerNeo42
Core: 12
Level: 52
Facebook: Neo Anderson (GamerNeo)

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:41 am

WarIock wrote:Will there be a bad consequence if a player repeatedly used this feature by accident? :D
Given that the team are super nice guys, as long as a player isn't going to the well too often and is reporting known methods to us, I'm sure this repeated accidental usage won't result in them being unable to log in one day. :D