Game says I attacked even though I didn't [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
striketr

Game says I attacked even though I didn't [RESOLVED]

Postby striketr » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:51 pm

Hello there, my first post.

Playing Hackers for a while and I mentioned one stuff that kinda irritates me.

When I plan to hack someone, I quite often spend a few minutes looking at his network to make a strategy how to hack it.
--> which programs to compile, how many of accesses, mainly to prepare the silent hack...
Whenever I do that, I'm extremely careful to disconnect at around 5-6 seconds before "the network would mention"
(--> the sentries would activate etc. you know what I mean)

In last days, something seriously weird happenned.

I was looking at one network, (for like 10th time to be sure with everything), then at around 5 secs. I returned back to the "world", then back to my network to see if I have all programs compiled.

I saw I did, so I went back to the "world" and the player I wanted to attack suddenly wasn't there, as If I've attacked him.

So I went back to my base and looked into my attack reports, and it was there:
[34] MR.X Brasil 2017-06-08 20:42:45 Failure: -3 reputation
no program used, no resources gained and no record of the attack

I didnt really care, cuz its just 3 rep, nothing lost etc. and I thought like yeah, might happenned, maybe Im just blind and didnt disconnect in time, but today it happenned again and I'm deadly sure I DID disconnect in time.

Today's report:
[32] Headbanga Bulgaria 2017-06-11 20:52:31 Failure: -14 rep.
rest is the same, no programs, no resources *surprisingly* and no record of the attack.

I think 14 rep. is enough to start worrying, so I ended up here if anyone could help or give an advise.
I'm not sure if its not just a "feature" but for sure I placed it into a bug report.

Thanks to anyone willing to help :)
good luck with everything and enjoy the game :)

P. S. I placed the attack reports here for sure, like if you'd like to search 'em up or sth.

/*
Message to devs: please nerf the beams, every single attack on me is with 40-50 beams :'(
:D :D
*/

WarIock

Re: Game says I attacked even though I didn't

Postby WarIock » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:40 pm

I get this frequently when I'm using my shitty mobile data. I think I get disconnected from the game before the disconnect command has been sent. The game reloads when this happens so I already know it turned to a failed attack without checking the logs.

Crack69

Postby Crack69 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:21 pm

It happens with shitty internet connection. Nothing to do about it.
Suggest you just take screenshots of such bases to avoid going back and forth 20 times.
I rarely use more than 60 sec to decide and that's with Maelstrom type nets
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

striketr

Postby striketr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:40 pm

Okay, whatever.

Thanks for help though. :/

*kinda dont think that 500 Mb/s is a shitty connection but whatever :D :D*

Siquel

Postby Siquel » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:22 pm

This game have problem with connections.
I have 100Mb/s Internet connection speed with over 80 Mb/s mostly by WiFi and guess what? Disconnecting and loosing rep is really often. But on my mobile data connection I don't have such an issue (with just about 5Mb/s connection speed).
A loooot of people already said that they have problem with it. So don't worry, its not a problem with your Internet or phone. This game have some defects. That's all.

WarIock

Postby WarIock » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:34 pm

A high ping no matter how high the bandwidth is still a shitty connection. But with so many different people having this same issue could mean the game is hosted by a shitty server.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:07 pm

striketr wrote:Thanks to anyone willing to help :)
As you've no doubt realised, the issue is caused by us not receiving the disconnect signal in time, resulting in a hack that proceeds - and duly fails - with no programs used and the resulting reputation loss of a failed attack.

500 Mb/s is indeed a sweet connection - /jealous :mrgreen: - so I'm sure it's not to do with the quality of the connection. It does only take a small packet of data loss on its way to us to cause this issue however. We use a scalable service which has performed well as a whole, but we are aware that certainly players suffer more than their "fair share" of this issue, possibly due to their location and the route the data takes to get to us in time. We're keeping an eye on it :geek:

striketr wrote:Message to devs: please nerf the beams, every single attack on me is with 40-50 beams :'( :D :D
Probably not gonna happen. :P 40-50 seems a pretty tame number on the grand scale of things. Just wait till you meet the players that use Beam and ICE Wall exclusively! :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.