Not sure if bug or working as intended with squid [RESOLVED]

Have an issue? Ask or report here
Mchief

Not sure if bug or working as intended with squid [RESOLVED]

Postby Mchief » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:46 pm

So the squid has been out now for a while so I have got to tango with it a few times in stealth, one thing that it seems to be doing that I'm not sure if it's a bug or working as intended is "ghost scanning" or applinging it's vis boost on programs when it's not on the node but thinking of going to that node( ie has not started the purple scanning thing) .

A few times I will see the squid scanning away and be accessing/wraithing my way through a network only for the vis bar to double in size as the squid now decides to move to the node I was on.
Last edited by Mchief on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HCX - DReaD

Re: Not sure if bug or working as intended with squid

Postby HCX - DReaD » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:41 pm

This should be a bug, considering both Hawk and Beetle's effects only applied when their projectile/laser connects to the targeted node.

You sure the vis doubling is not from Scanner tho..?

Luminaar

Re: Not sure if bug or working as intended with squid

Postby Luminaar » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:10 pm

This sounds more like bug potential. As Dread correctly mentions, AIs don't apply their effects until their "projectile" reaches the node in question.

If this is not a hidden Scanner issue, could you post details of both the hack in question from the replayer, and your network details, and someone will take a closer look at it.

Your network / level / country:
Target network / level:
Time of attack:
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Mchief

Re: Not sure if bug or working as intended with squid [IN PROGRESS]

Postby Mchief » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Can't quite find a hack in my log that has it (I have been busy) but if I get it again will post

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:33 pm

No worries - I'll leave this post "In Progress" for a while - let me know the details if they show up again. :)

[July 18th - marking as RESOLVED]
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Mchief

Re: Not sure if bug or working as intended with squid [REOPENED]

Postby Mchief » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:08 pm

Ok so finally managed to get a good replay that shows this bug, hack is against a network named "Preacher" by myself "The_Plague" you can clearly see me install a wraith on a gate only for the vis speed to spike before the squid gets there.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Mchief wrote:Ok so finally managed to get a good replay that shows this bug, hack is against a network named "Preacher" by myself "The_Plague" you can clearly see me install a wraith on a gate only for the vis speed to spike before the squid gets there.
Haha, great timing :D

To help resolve this as quickly as possible, could you leave me the following info regarding the hack, and I'll forward it for review.

Your network name: The_Plague
Your Level: 62
Your in-game country: Canada

Target network name: Preacher
Issue details: Squid AI applying its visibility boost to programs while not targeting the node.
In-game time that this issue occurs: On the first Wraith used, ~5 seconds into the hack.

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Level 62
Country canada
Time : about 5 seconds , it's on the first wraith used

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Thanks for the extra info - details post updated and forwarded for review. :)