Updates

Rules, news and updates
Luminaar
Posts: 934
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Updates

Postby Luminaar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:43 pm

legal wrote:
Luminaar wrote:Better things like posting something with zero content/value that actually wastes the time of people reading and responding to messages like this?

considering the community actually did all the translating and all they did was copy paste, I would say i am being more productive. took 2 months to do a copy and paste, so yes. Time could of been better spent. As for your post that has the same amount of content as mine. yours actually has less content actually. Asking for them to put in effort on something else is not unproductive. It's customer feed back I think I have a right to say something, just like you whinning about me saying I would like for them to actually do something like fix the errors in the game is a bad thing, shows that you are nothing more than a fan boy and should just be ignored, because all you will do is just complain that I complained. Get a life seriously.
Come on man, you're better than this.

I used to watch your early videos after you started posting here, and actually used to enjoy them. You really do take some weird lines in getting your points across though.

Jeez dude, don't get me wrong, I'd like for the Blaster/Shield bug to be fixed. In fact, it's borderline game breaking once nodes start taking back choke points faster, and I think it should've been fixed before the translations went out if at all possible. (Hell, I'd even like them to fix things for others even though it "effects me in no way what so ever".)

You're a programmer yourself, and yet you honestly think it was 2 months of just copy/pasting? As I say man, you're better than this. You advocate honesty and yet you're pulling manipulative stunts like this. :( You advocate people to stay away from the game, yet now you're "Asking them to put in effort" for your entertainment? I think you need to decide if you want to continue playing or not, and if you do, then get back to being positive Legal again :D Because this toxic "blame everyone else" attitude and your contradictory vocalisations about a game that you are "done with" is making you sound much more of a "fan boy (who) should just be ignored" than you give yourself credit for.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

User avatar
legal
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: Updates

Postby legal » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:18 pm

Luminaar wrote:
legal wrote:
Luminaar wrote:Better things like posting something with zero content/value that actually wastes the time of people reading and responding to messages like this?

considering the community actually did all the translating and all they did was copy paste, I would say i am being more productive. took 2 months to do a copy and paste, so yes. Time could of been better spent. As for your post that has the same amount of content as mine. yours actually has less content actually. Asking for them to put in effort on something else is not unproductive. It's customer feed back I think I have a right to say something, just like you whinning about me saying I would like for them to actually do something like fix the errors in the game is a bad thing, shows that you are nothing more than a fan boy and should just be ignored, because all you will do is just complain that I complained. Get a life seriously.
Come on man, you're better than this.

I used to watch your early videos after you started posting here, and actually used to enjoy them. You really do take some weird lines in getting your points across though.

Jeez dude, don't get me wrong, I'd like for the Blaster/Shield bug to be fixed. In fact, it's borderline game breaking once nodes start taking back choke points faster, and I think it should've been fixed before the translations went out if at all possible. (Hell, I'd even like them to fix things for others even though it "effects me in no way what so ever".)

You're a programmer yourself, and yet you honestly think it was 2 months of just copy/pasting? As I say man, you're better than this. You advocate honesty and yet you're pulling manipulative stunts like this. :( You advocate people to stay away from the game, yet now you're "Asking them to put in effort" for your entertainment? I think you need to decide if you want to continue playing or not, and if you do, then get back to being positive Legal again :D Because this toxic "blame everyone else" attitude and your contradictory vocalisations about a game that you are "done with" is making you sound much more of a "fan boy (who) should just be ignored" than you give yourself credit for.

Well considering that is all that has been produced, is a copy and paste script, (Yes I know this as I am a programmer, which you are very aware of) since the game has been released. If I saw more changes, and fixes other than changes that at most take 1 or two lines of code, to fix I would not be so harsh on how fast the production has been. Most of the errors I have run into could have easily been fix with a very simple rewrite or an addition of if statements. That has not happened. The speed of production I have seen for this game, I would be ashamed of my to call work, if that was the case for me. Infact I would most likely not hold a job if I went so long with no changes or production.

As a youtuber I can not honestly encourage people to play this game. As a person that has spent money on the game on the other hand I want my money worth, so I continue play. So not it is not a contradiction, nor is it illogical. I can separate my channel, from equation. You clearly can not. Nor would I encourage others to come and play, knowing what I know. I am a complex person, and what you call toxic I call honesty. Just because you do not like the message does not make it toxic. If they were to actually make the changes to this game, like they keep promising, and have being asked to make those change's numerous amounts of times, Then my review of the game would of reflected that. Yes I have become bored with the game. I have keep playing because I spent 200 dollars on it. I want to get my money's worth. Since I spent 200 dollars on it I think I have a right to ask that they fix all the game breaking glitches and improve the game in away that does not drive people away in the hundreds of thousands. Since the majority of people that downloaded the game, and only a few how they put it tens of thousands are all that are playing it. Says that they need to fix something because you are not the normal type of person that has played the game. The normal person that has played this game would of quit. As a programmer I know how easy it is fix a lot of these changes. As a paying customer I want them to fix this game. I have yet to see them even attempt to fix it. Changing a few numbers on say the world search to me does not constitute the attempting to fix anything, that is broken in this game. This game needs to have alot done in order to stop new players from fleeing from it. Maybe you do not see it because you are fanboying to much. Step back and be honest, if they made no other changes to this game forever, is this game worth playing. If you answer yes I would call you a lair as over 900k people disagree with you.
I deserve to heard, and expect them to fix those issue. If they ever expect me to spend money on any thing else they produce Then they need to make some changes. And getting the community to translate the game, and claiming victory because it is some what finished to me does nothing to fix the fact that over 900k people have quit this game. There are reasons that many have quit, and they do not want to address it. Your attempt to shame me has failed, and you need to go fling that poop else where. bye
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Country: USA
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Luminaar
Posts: 934
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Updates

Postby Luminaar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:00 pm

legal wrote:As a youtuber I can not honestly encourage people to play this game.
Dude, you made a video 2 days ago encouraging and showing people how to improve their bases and play the game better. :lol:
legal wrote:I am a complex person, and what you call toxic I call honesty. you are nothing more than a fan boy and should just be ignored, because all you will do is just complain that I complained. Get a life seriously. Your attempt to shame me has failed, and you need to go fling that poop else where. bye
Nah man, that's just straight up toxic. It wasn't too long back you were complaining that the game was a cash grab in one breath, and catering to free-to-play players in the next. You're the one sat straddling both sides of the fence flinging crap here.
legal wrote:Maybe you do not see it because you are fanboying to much. Step back and be honest, if they made no other changes to this game forever, is this game worth playing. If you answer yes I would call you a lair as over 900k people disagree with you.
Dude .... Did you not read my response? Bug fixes needed to happen first IMO, before translations. I don't need to step back (really, where did this fanboy obsession come from?) to see that the game needs to change in it's current form to be able to retain players. Max Beam/Shocker offense and Max level Sentry defence is potentially reducing what could be a complex and thoughtful game into something simplistic and will ultimately end up siphoning away players, either through boredom, frustration, or if they haven't left prior to that point due to other reasons that you've already mentioned.

This is what I mean by manipulative BS though man. You're a complex person who can seperate yourself and your channel from the equation, yet if someone disagrees with you they're a liar, simply because "900k people disagree?" :roll:

legal wrote:As a person that has spent money on the game on the other hand I want my money worth ....
Again, I agree with you there. I have absolutely zero disputes with that.

Let's call it quits shall we? I'm done either way.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

User avatar
Silken
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:53 am

Re: Updates

Postby Silken » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:36 am

Well I like the update. i don't really care if the community did the translations, flying monkeys, or mini programmers craved from potatoes.

I think everyone agrees the protector/blaster bugs need to be addressed.

In regard to the point of losing players and to what extent I have no idea if that's true are not. But a common complaint, and I had some issue myself in terms of time requirement, is the difficulty in leveling at lower levels (20-30) and the time needed to be spent on the game at those levels. I think this is the fundamental cause of anyone leaving, rather than the game itself as a whole.

We have had lots of ideas, but one that would effect the game least, and is perhaps easier to implement than say shields, is to add daily or weekly repeatable AI bases.

A small gold and b-coin reward each day/week via beating the AI to help people level. Along the same lines of the story AI bases.

The community could even help design the bases. Organise a base design competition for different levels. You can balance the difficulty in terms of node levels. Just get us to create different designs.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Yopee
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:16 am

Re: Updates

Postby Yopee » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:48 am

Silken wrote:We have had lots of ideas, but one that would effect the game least, and is perhaps easier to implement than say shields, is to add daily or weekly repeatable AI bases.

A small gold and b-coin reward each day/week via beating the AI to help people level. Along the same lines of the story AI bases.

The community could even help design the bases. Organise a base design competition for different levels. You can balance the difficulty in terms of node levels. Just get us to create different designs.

I really like this idea.

And maybe for the higher level players who are bored with the usual beam everything farming, we could have challenge bases that limit your programs either by type or amount.

User avatar
legal
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: Updates

Postby legal » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:00 am

Luminaar wrote:
legal wrote:As a youtuber I can not honestly encourage people to play this game.
Dude, you made a video 2 days ago encouraging and showing people how to improve their bases and play the game better. :lol:
legal wrote:I am a complex person, and what you call toxic I call honesty. you are nothing more than a fan boy and should just be ignored, because all you will do is just complain that I complained. Get a life seriously. Your attempt to shame me has failed, and you need to go fling that poop else where. bye
Nah man, that's just straight up toxic. It wasn't too long back you were complaining that the game was a cash grab in one breath, and catering to free-to-play players in the next. You're the one sat straddling both sides of the fence flinging crap here.
legal wrote:Maybe you do not see it because you are fanboying to much. Step back and be honest, if they made no other changes to this game forever, is this game worth playing. If you answer yes I would call you a lair as over 900k people disagree with you.
Dude .... Did you not read my response? Bug fixes needed to happen first IMO, before translations. I don't need to step back (really, where did this fanboy obsession come from?) to see that the game needs to change in it's current form to be able to retain players. Max Beam/Shocker offense and Max level Sentry defence is potentially reducing what could be a complex and thoughtful game into something simplistic and will ultimately end up siphoning away players, either through boredom, frustration, or if they haven't left prior to that point due to other reasons that you've already mentioned.

This is what I mean by manipulative BS though man. You're a complex person who can seperate yourself and your channel from the equation, yet if someone disagrees with you they're a liar, simply because "900k people disagree?" :roll:

legal wrote:As a person that has spent money on the game on the other hand I want my money worth ....
Again, I agree with you there. I have absolutely zero disputes with that.

Let's call it quits shall we? I'm done either way.

Again on my channel I was being honest, I was asked to do that video, had several people over the past weeks ask if I would do video's on core 4-10 I decided to help and do the video. Helping a player and thinking the game has huge problems is two totally different things. I can help and still not want others to waste their money on this game as I already have. Again you are trying to say because I made a video on the topic of this game means I must think others should play it. I think my friend said it best to me today, just because a crack addict can't stop using doesn't mean they will go around trying to get others to do it. hell they may even try and keep them from making all the mistakes they did. The simple fact I keep playing does not mean I want others to throw their money away. I also choose the content on my channel, and had been asked by many people to do another video. Out of aggravation of being asked over and over I did it, does not mean I am encouraging other players to join and play the game. That is an assumption you are making. Not a very good assumption at that.

No where did I call you a lair. What I did say is maybe you have to much invested in this game to see valid complaints. Honestly if 90% say you are wrong then you are wrong. it is that simple. I would like to say I am being very generous saying only 90% it is more likely that is closer to 99% would be my guess from what I see in the game. The game needs to be fixed. that is why the majority of the people have left the game. You are not the average player, is all i was saying, you took as calling you lair. Yet another assumption.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Country: USA
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Starficz
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:54 am

Re: Updates

Postby Starficz » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:00 am

Hey legal/Luminaar, PM's exist for a reason. Take your conversation off the Announcements forum.

Luminaar
Posts: 934
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Updates

Postby Luminaar » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:05 pm

Akronno wrote:Hi! I've seen a couple of serious misspelling on the Spanish translation. Both of them appear on the loading screens but they may be more.
Velvi wrote:Hey! I can make a few changes in Russian language? I noticed a lot of mistakes.
Thanks for noticing the language errors. Could you please help out by translating the words/phrases on here? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=574#p4402? Thanks!
Starficz wrote:Take your conversation off the Announcements forum.
Yeah, my bad. It's in PM's already. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

User avatar
Velvi
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:51 am

Re: Updates

Postby Velvi » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:54 pm

I will start tomorrow ;)
:!: lvl: 24 :?: Core lvl: 6 :!:
:arrow: Country: Russia :arrow:
:idea: Nickname: Velvi :idea:

User avatar
Trickster
Site Admin
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 10:38 am
Contact:

Re: Updates

Postby Trickster » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Velvi wrote:I will start tomorrow ;)


Russian ingame localization is under revision already. At least ingame, not sure about its stage on wikia.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest