New update

Rules, news and updates
GamerNeo

New update

Postby GamerNeo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:19 am

Before I start thanks again. Still in love with this game! great work and much appreciated!

Does that lack of change with the reputation system mean that it is considered good/good enough? I mean the rewards specifically. I was really hoping a boost would be incoming...

Also this may be nitpicking but there is no mention of priority for identical nodes. I have 3 guardians all at level 1. Should I assume that it stayed the same and is in link order or?

On another note, anyone have high (10+) level worms with a video? Would love to see how much better they may have gotten. I really like the idea of them, but they seemed terrible vs the higher leveled networks.

IGN: GamerNeo42
Core: 12
Level: 52
Facebook: Neo Anderson (GamerNeo)

CLOCKEnessMNSTR

Re: New update

Postby CLOCKEnessMNSTR » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:39 am

I'm pretty upset with the update to the attack priorities. It seems to leave the blaster very overpowered. I was quite proud of my defense but it relied on distracting the blaster by reclaiming a weak node next to a node which I was protecting with guardians.

Now I have to ask, what is the point of the blaster being so powerful relative to the beam cannon as well as being able to shock a node? The black ice is not near as powerful relative to the turrets.

Further, what's the point of having the blaster do more damage than a beam cannon if it has the added effect of shocking a node?

Lastly, in light of the change, how are people defending against blasters? They do take some time to install. Maybe a new defensive node that could damage or disable a protector would help balance the blaster. Maybe a defensive node that has low firewall but took first priority from the blaster, or maybe a node which could slow projectile programs based on node level.

PS, I really like the last idea I just had. Thoughts on a node to slow down projectile offensives?

PPS sorry for the long post/rant

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:28 pm

GamerNeo wrote:Also this may be nitpicking but there is no mention of priority for identical nodes. I have 3 guardians all at level 1. Should I assume that it stayed the same and is in link order or?

If they are same category and have same firewall, then yes the link-order is aplied.

Crack69

Postby Crack69 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:41 am

CLOCKEnessMNSTR wrote:I'm pretty upset with the update to the attack priorities. It seems to leave the blaster very overpowered. I was quite proud of my defense but it relied on distracting the blaster by reclaiming a weak node next to a node which I was protecting with guardians.

Now I have to ask, what is the point of the blaster being so powerful relative to the beam cannon as well as being able to shock a node? The black ice is not near as powerful relative to the turrets.

Further, what's the point of having the blaster do more damage than a beam cannon if it has the added effect of shocking a node?

Lastly, in light of the change, how are people defending against blasters? They do take some time to install. Maybe a new defensive node that could damage or disable a protector would help balance the blaster. Maybe a defensive node that has low firewall but took first priority from the blaster, or maybe a node which could slow projectile programs based on node level.

PS, I really like the last idea I just had. Thoughts on a node to slow down projectile offensives?

PPS sorry for the long post/rant

Dude try attacking some updated nets. You'll see the difference. Especially with nets designed to slow down attackers.
As for bundled up defenses I've already given up them for multi-choke point setup so in the end the only thing that bugs me is that now I have find a way to better protect my res...maybe some lvl 1 farms?...hmm...
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

Crack69

Postby Crack69 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:47 am

Also at the moment the one thing that really bugs the hell out of me how the wraith is immune to codegate filter.
Would very much like an update to balance that out as at the moment we either put all out gates in front of our nets trying to prevent access/portal combos, and thus expose ourselves to access/wraith preemptive attacks that wipe out our gates before a brute force attack begins or the previously mentioned access/portal combo.
Note:
Rep<100

Crack69

Postby Crack69 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:51 am

GamerNeo wrote:Before I start thanks again. Still in love with this game! great work and much appreciated!

Does that lack of change with the reputation system mean that it is considered good/good enough? I mean the rewards specifically. I was really hoping a boost would be incoming...

Also this may be nitpicking but there is no mention of priority for identical nodes. I have 3 guardians all at level 1. Should I assume that it stayed the same and is in link order or?

On another note, anyone have high (10+) level worms with a video? Would love to see how much better they may have gotten. I really like the idea of them, but they seemed terrible vs the higher leveled networks.

I've lvl 5 worms and I gotta say, the difference is already there. Count that at lvl 10 worms will replicate every 2 sec(if they keep up with the 0.1 sec difference per lvl).
Still you should stick to using them to mop up any uncaptured nodes after you overcome some bundled defs. As for offensive purposes...no. they're just too weak. While it happened to to be saved by some worms when my beams ran out those are rare rare occasions that hardly ever happen with snowflake/centipede note setups. They might be somewhat efficient against Maelstrom with some adequate protection.
Edit: just noticed you're lvl 40. I'm 27 soooo.... corrections are welcome!
Note:
Rep<100

Krononymous

Postby Krononymous » Fri May 05, 2017 1:47 pm

We should agree that Worms needs to be buffed. I mean, it's attack is very weak especially on lv 1. I just started playing this game last week. The Worm's attack on lv 1 is only 12. And the fact that it takes 3 storage space bugs me.

Crack69

Postby Crack69 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:30 pm

Krononymous wrote:We should agree that Worms needs to be buffed. I mean, it's attack is very weak especially on lv 1. I just started playing this game last week. The Worm's attack on lv 1 is only 12. And the fact that it takes 3 storage space bugs me.

You're right they are too weak also I think they should take at least 10 storage. Why? Because they MULTIPLY! Here's my motto:"if one worm isn't enough don't use any!" I've seen way too many people with 2+worms and that's just sad. Just​ place one on the netConnection from which​ you start off(usually I start from the deepest one) and almost ALWAYS start with 2 beams and my (only) worm. 2 beams to capture nodes at a decent rate and leave any leftover nodes to the worms. Then the worms will keep up with your hacking as long as you remember to leave a open program slot AFTER you're done with that node not WHILE trying to break though a choke point!
Worms are only (somewhat)effective against badly designed Maelstrom type bases that lack a sufficiently strong sentry and that have high lvl resource production buildings.
Hope I'm not sounding desperate here. Just trying to help clear things out
Note:
Rep<100

Taiwei

Postby Taiwei » Thu May 11, 2017 7:21 am

Crack69 wrote:
Krononymous wrote:We should agree that Worms needs to be buffed. I mean, it's attack is very weak especially on lv 1. I just started playing this game last week. The Worm's attack on lv 1 is only 12. And the fact that it takes 3 storage space bugs me.

You're right they are too weak also I think they should take at least 10 storage. Why? Because they MULTIPLY! Here's my motto:"if one worm isn't enough don't use any!" I've seen way too many people with 2+worms and that's just sad. Just​ place one on the netConnection from which​ you start off(usually I start from the deepest one) and almost ALWAYS start with 2 beams and my (only) worm. 2 beams to capture nodes at a decent rate and leave any leftover nodes to the worms. Then the worms will keep up with your hacking as long as you remember to leave a open program slot AFTER you're done with that node not WHILE trying to break though a choke point!
Worms are only (somewhat)effective against badly designed Maelstrom type bases that lack a sufficiently strong sentry and that have high lvl resource production buildings.

... Crack69 is a level 27 with a OP network.

example of badly designed Maelstrom, three turrets connected to core, two black ICE connected to all turrets. just used a worm and a protector and destroyed everything.
[Insert uncreative signature here]

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

www.discord.me/hackersmobile

Crack69

Postby Crack69 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Taiwei wrote:
Crack69 wrote:

... Crack69 is a level 27 with a OP network.

example of badly designed Maelstrom, three turrets connected to core, two black ICE connected to all turrets. just used a worm and a protector and destroyed everything.

Lvl30
Note:
Rep<100