USB charger as hacking tool?

Interesting news about main topics from real world
maerg

USB charger as hacking tool?

Postby maerg » Tue May 31, 2016 9:46 pm

Interesting...

http://thehackernews.com/2016/05/usb-charger-keylogger.html

Rather check yours chargers... and keyboards, otherwise our hacking secrets are not secure anymore ;)

fozza

Re: USB charger as hacking tool?

Postby fozza » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:41 pm

Wow, interesting. Imagine if your charger this whole time had been tracking you, weird :shock:
Check out my website! http://fozzaco.com

Penumbruh

Postby Penumbruh » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Does this affect mobile phones and the like as well or just wireless keyboards? And I saw some mention of the tech being outdated, any clue as to how this can be made modern tech and how to prevent against it?

Helionmike

Postby Helionmike » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:06 pm

Simple, it won't affect cell phones, (digital encryption) and bluetooth devices (single connection, won't allow dual connections on a device) and anything that has any encryption set up at all. In order for it to work on those it would have to send all info of the encryption over, and it's puny memory would not be able to hold it all to send.

SxSnipeR

Postby SxSnipeR » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:16 pm

There are some chargers you can buy from ebay from China which contain microchips that install Stealth software on your phone which keylogs it. Always best to buy legit chargers even though it costs more.

graceinc

Postby graceinc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Long time back i heard, this news was from India where the government imposed a ban on Chinese made smartphones and cellphones as they suspected it had chips installed for tracking and hacking purposes. Don't have the link to the article at the moment.