Positioning Scanner

Best strategies of building your network
Vyshnav Ramesh

Positioning Scanner

Post by Vyshnav Ramesh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:07 pm

Guyz, kindly help me in placing scanner. How does it work?

Fantöm

Re: Positioning Scanner

Post by Fantöm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Vyshnav Ramesh wrote:Guyz, kindly help me in placing scanner. How does it work?

Next to Turrets? (Cf your former post)
Place it at around 4-7 nodes away from the net connection because as you know the scanner has a range of 3 nodes, so it's useful to prevent from having many stealth attacks. Unless you have it really well upgraded, it won't be that effective but it's still a bonus!
Apart from that, idk..
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

Vyshnav Ramesh

Post by Vyshnav Ramesh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:34 pm

Are the nodes that are 3 blocks away from scanner vulnerable to stealth attack? How is stealth and scanner inter-related? Or what is the connection between them?

Fantöm

Post by Fantöm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:45 pm

Search on the forums where Stealth is explained (in various posts), but quickly the Scanner allows you to increase the Visibility bar. So when you do the Stealth attack, you can see a bar (bottom of your screen) and you will see it rising. That's the Visibility bar. For example, when you use an Access hack, it has a Visibility of 150/s (since the Access has a deployment time of 1 sec ->). That means the bar will fill up with 150 when you use the Access hack. It goes on with the other Stealth hacks.
Now come back to the Scanner. It helps defending your network against Stealth attacks. For that, it increases by a certain percentage (starts at 120%) the amount of Visibility of whatever Stealth hack you use. If I go back to my example, as long as the hacker is in range of the Scanner (3 nodes away, you can see that when you click on the Scanner, it's the pink connections) and if he uses an Access, his Visibility bar won't raise by only 150 but by 150*1,2 = 180. It may not be big, but it adds up and at mid level, when you do some Stealth hack, you get quickly close to the end of your Visibility bar (3600). So the placement of the Scanner plays a big role.

Got it?
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

Vyshnav Ramesh

Post by Vyshnav Ramesh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:11 pm

Yhea.. I haven't got stealth yet. Once i gt that, hop all will be clear. By the way, Fantom, are u a part of developer team? Just asking out of curiosity

Fantöm

Post by Fantöm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Haha I wish :)

I'm just extremely active on the forums I guess and just willing to help people out when they're in trouble or for replays.

And as Gream said a few weeks ago in one of my posts : Stealth is a very important part of the hacks.

Vyshnav Ramesh

Post by Vyshnav Ramesh » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:07 am

:)