Attack priorities [GAME MECHANICS]

Best strategies of building your network
Luminaar

Re: Attack priorities [GAME MECHANICS]

Postby Luminaar » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:20 am

kuzu wrote:Thank you for your great effort, Fluffington and and companions! I have tryed to change attack priority of 3 defense node by just detach and retach again at rebuild screen but it won't change attack priority. Seems have to save detached state and then retach again. Can anyone confirm this?
It shouldn't have. Can you provide a screenshot, or possibly confirm which oeder you want/which order it goes in. A screenshot would be preferable - there could be other factors at play. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

kuzu

Postby kuzu » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:34 am

Sorry I couldn't upload screenshot, they say file size is too large. I connected Scanner from Code gate, and then 2 Turrets(lvl 6 and 7) and 1 Black ice(lvl 6) is connected from Scanner. All of 3 defense node is on work and have gotten antivirus when Scanner is occupied. I have cut lvl6 turret and connected it again at rebuild screen but it got attack first.

Sutopia

Postby Sutopia » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:34 am

kuzu wrote:Sorry I couldn't upload screenshot, they say file size is too large. I connected Scanner from Code gate, and then 2 Turrets(lvl 6 and 7) and 1 Black ice(lvl 6) is connected from Scanner. All of 3 defense node is on work and have gotten antivirus when Scanner is occupied. I have cut lvl6 turret and connected it again at rebuild screen but it got attack first.

I think the game don't send requests real time, fot instance I'm noticing some unwanted queue adjust of compiler under certain conditions.
Be short, you need to save your network in another form and change it back for the things to get changed. Relinking original network result in app thinking nothing changed and send no request to server to change the slotting.

Proxychains

Postby Proxychains » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:53 pm

When I was using my old design, it worked pretty well at the first try.

But I've changed it today and don't matter how many times I try I can't get it right.
I want the sentry to be the first to be attacked because its the node with the highest firewall, but It always go first to the low lvl Black Ice or the Turret. Each time I rebuild and save the order changes randomly.

*Blue: Link order
*Green: Actual attack order
*Black Ice Lv 9 and Lv 10, Sentry 15 and Turret Lv 12.
Lv: 47 / Rep: ? / Core: 11 / IP: Brazil

brzytki

Postby brzytki » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:30 pm

Proxychains wrote:When I was using my old design, it worked pretty well at the first try.

But I've changed it today and don't matter how many times I try I can't get it right.
I want the sentry to be the first to be attacked because its the node with the highest firewall, but It always go first to the low lvl Black Ice or the Turret. Each time I rebuild and save the order changes randomly.

My advice would be to unlink all of them and save the layout. Then link and save one at a time in order you want them to be attacked. Worked for me.

Marhex

Postby Marhex » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Proxychains wrote:When I was using my old design, it worked pretty well at the first try.

The attack priority depends on the order of the links you created so connect the sentry first
IGN :marhex
Lvl :37
Core Lvl :10

Proxychains

Postby Proxychains » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:24 am

brzytki wrote:My advice would be to unlink all of them and save the layout. Then link and save one at a time in order you want them to be attacked. Worked for me.

Done, now let's wait until someone attack me.
Thanks [:

Marhex wrote:The attack priority depends on the order of the links you created so connect the sentry first

Exactly what I did.
Lv: 47 / Rep: ? / Core: 11 / IP: Brazil

PerseVerAnce

Postby PerseVerAnce » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:04 pm

The Linking Order does not seem to work for me when dealing with Security Nodes.

I linked Turret > Black Ice > Sentry #1 > Sentry #2 to a Guardian. But the attack order seems to be Turret > Sentry #1 > Sentry #2 > Black Ice. Sentries are both level 1, Turret level 7, Black Ice level 4.

I also linked Turret #1 > Turret #2 > Black Ice to a Scanner, but the attack order seems to be Turret #2 > Turret #1 > Black Ice. Turrets are both level 7, Black Ice level 5.

Has anyone encountered this before and know how to fix it?

This is only for Security Nodes. Working just fine for regular nodes.
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

GamerNeo

Postby GamerNeo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:22 pm

I believe it is caused by a hiccup in the connection, same thing with the compiler. The game doesn't save properly so it reverts to a previous point if nothing has changed. Since the link order isn't an intended feature (as far as I'm aware), I don't believe it sees the change if the before mentioned hiccup occurs. To fix just link them in a different order, attach the first node, save, attach the second, save etc. Worked for me and a few others, hope it helps.

IGN: GamerNeo42
Core: 12
Level: 52
Facebook: Neo Anderson (GamerNeo)

PerseVerAnce

Postby PerseVerAnce » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:16 am

GamerNeo wrote:I believe it is caused by a hiccup in the connection, same thing with the compiler. The game doesn't save properly so it reverts to a previous point if nothing has changed. Since the link order isn't an intended feature (as far as I'm aware), I don't believe it sees the change if the before mentioned hiccup occurs. To fix just link them in a different order, attach the first node, save, attach the second, save etc. Worked for me and a few others, hope it helps.

I'll give it a try, thanks for the tip!

If it's not an intended feature, it really should be imo. It adds a whole new dimension to the architecture.
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee