CORE 7 LAYOUT

Best strategies of building your network
Godknight12

CORE 7 LAYOUT

Postby Godknight12 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:05 am

Hi guys I'm still a newbie and been experimenting with my core 7 layout and this is the result. Please give me a feedback on what you think about it. Positive and negative comments are welcome.

Give your feedbacks on how i will fair against stealth wraith portal attacks which are giving me a headache. And if you could check the AI priority attack on this particular layout would be much appreciated. Thank you. Sorry for the low image quality as the original screenshot are not suitable for uploading.
Attachments
ubercore7layout.jpg
ubercore7layout.jpg (42.52 KiB) Viewed 2912 times

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Re: CORE 7 LAYOUT

Postby Fluffington » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:11 am

Godknight12 wrote:Hi guys I'm still a newbie and been experimenting with my core 7 layout and this is the result. Please give me a feedback on what you think about it. Positive and negative comments are welcome.

Give your feedbacks on how i will fair against stealth wraith portal attacks which are giving me a headache. And if you could check the AI priority attack on this particular layout would be much appreciated. Thank you. Sorry for the low image quality as the original screenshot are not suitable for uploading.

Oh dear, plenty of things wrong with this base.

1. Code gate too close to netConnection.
    Why is it bad? Attackers can load that netConnection with what ever they want without being in danger of losing.
    Suggestion: Put an evolver/library/compiler there instead and push the code gate down.
  2. Scanner choke point is weak.
    Why is it bad? The scanner is only protected by two sentries (and a guardian) It's too weak for it to become a choke point
    Suggestion: Hook up two turrets / two black ice / one of each onto the scanner. Those two defences should then be connected up to a sentry to spread the antivirus immediately
  3. Low level scanners.
    Why is it bad? Stealth attacks can generally be held off when a scanner is level 6+. Level 8+ would be safe. This is probably why you are losing to stealth attacks
    Suggestion:
  4. Sentry choke points are bad.
    Why is it bad? I see what you are trying to do with the sentries as choke points, but sentries don't make a good choke point focus because it has 4 program slots. Main choke points should be scanners and guardians.
    Suggestion: Move one sentry with the scanner choke point as mentioned in point 2. Move the other sentry towards the back with your core
  5. Guardian choke point is weak.
    Why is it bad? It's hooked up to what? 3 resource nodes and an evolver?? What is that evolver going to do? This guardian choke point is really weak as only antivirus can focus it down (if the surrounding buildings even have it)
    Suggestion: Surround the guardian with defence nodes, such as the turret and black ICE
  6. Bad "vault" design at the back.
    Why is it bad? Once you get to the scanner, the hacker has access to all three resources. Split them off with a buffer. Here's a quick diagram explanation of buffering
    Suggestion:

Sorry for the long heavy list.
More info on how to defend against stealth: http://forum.tricksterarts.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=401
More info on choke points: http://forum.tricksterarts.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=358

Hope that helps!
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)

Godknight12

Postby Godknight12 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:36 pm

Fluffington wrote:
Godknight12 wrote:Hi guys I'm still a newbie and been experimenting with my core 7 layout and this is the result. Please give me a feedback on what you think about it. Positive and negative comments are welcome.

Oh dear, plenty of things wrong with this base.

1. Code gate too close to netConnection.
    Why is it bad? Attackers can load that netConnection with what ever they want without being in danger of losing.
    Suggestion: Put an evolver/library/compiler there instead and push the code gate down.
  2. Scanner choke point is weak.
    Why is it bad? The scanner is only protected by two sentries (and a guardian) It's too weak for it to become a choke point
    Suggestion: Hook up two turrets / two black ice / one of each onto the scanner. Those two defences should then be connected up to a sentry to spread the antivirus immediately
  3. Low level scanners.
    Why is it bad? Stealth attacks can generally be held off when a scanner is level 6+. Level 8+ would be safe. This is probably why you are losing to stealth attacks
    Suggestion:
  4. Sentry choke points are bad.
    Why is it bad? I see what you are trying to do with the sentries as choke points, but sentries don't make a good choke point focus because it has 4 program slots. Main choke points should be scanners and guardians.
    Suggestion: Move one sentry with the scanner choke point as mentioned in point 2. Move the other sentry towards the back with your core
  5. Guardian choke point is weak.
    Why is it bad? It's hooked up to what? 3 resource nodes and an evolver?? What is that evolver going to do? This guardian choke point is really weak as only antivirus can focus it down (if the surrounding buildings even have it)
    Suggestion: Surround the guardian with defence nodes, such as the turret and black ICE
  6. Bad "vault" design at the back.
    Why is it bad? Once you get to the scanner, the hacker has access to all three resources. Split them off with a buffer. Here's a quick diagram explanation of buffering
    Suggestion:

Sorry for the long heavy list.
More info on how to defend against stealth: http://forum.tricksterarts.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=401
More info on choke points: http://forum.tricksterarts.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=358

Hope that helps!

Thank you for the reply. Ive reconstructed my layout and will upload a screenie when i ge
get back from work.

xxxstylesxxx

Postby xxxstylesxxx » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:13 am

Here is my lvl 7 core setup. Yeah I lose rep from my core getting hacked but that's better than losing 30% of my resources. I've only been fully hacked by one person since I built it and it was right after and I was a lvl 20 and he was a lvl 27 and you can see he used a fortune in resources in order to beat it. Since then I have had some lvl ups on my nodes and it's been holding up great. Image

Here are the attempts against it.
This is the one where you can see what all was used to beat it at lvl 20 by a 27
Last edited by xxxstylesxxx on Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

legal

Postby legal » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:48 am

xxxstylesxxx wrote:Here is my lvl 7 core setup. Yeah I lose rep from my core getting hacked but that's better than losing 30% of my resources. I've only been fully hacked by one person since I built it and it was right after and I was a lvl 20 and he was a lvl 26 and you can see he used a fortune in resources in order to beat it. Since then I have had some lvl ups on my nodes and it's been holding up great. Image

Here are the attempts against it.

I can say the same thing with most of my designs. This is very close to what I have now with a level 9 core.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

LightofHeaveN

Postby LightofHeaveN » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:54 am

xxxstylesxxx wrote:Here is my lvl 7 core setup. Yeah I lose rep from my core getting hacked but that's better than losing 30% of my resources. I've only been fully hacked by one person since I built it and it was right after and I was a lvl 20 and he was a lvl 27 and you can see he used a fortune in resources in order to beat it. Since then I have had some lvl ups on my nodes and it's been holding up great. Image

Why dont you move your core to the back with the b-coin mine?

Fluffington
Location: Join the Hackers discord https://discord.gg/qquYZ6H

Postby Fluffington » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:26 am

LightofHeaveN wrote:Why dont you move your core to the back with the b-coin mine?
One word... Kraken
Username: Fluffington
Level: 3 (25/6/17) Yes I restarted
Core: 2 (25/6/17)

xxxstylesxxx

Postby xxxstylesxxx » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:31 pm

LightofHeaveN wrote:
xxxstylesxxx wrote:Here is my lvl 7 core setup. Yeah I lose rep from my core getting hacked but that's better than losing 30% of my resources. I've only been fully hacked by one person since I built it and it was right after and I was a lvl 20 and he was a lvl 27 and you can see he used a fortune in resources in order to beat it. Since then I have had some lvl ups on my nodes and it's been holding up great. Image

Why dont you move your core to the back with the b-coin mine?

One word... Kraken

GeneralSeay

Postby GeneralSeay » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:44 pm

I built this but because my network is core level 6 I couldn't completely reconstruct it. Also, I only have one sentry so pretend that level 1 scanner is a sentry too.
I wasn't really a fan of having only a black ice, a turret and a sentry (as well a scanner choke point) defending the guardian so detached the sentry from the guardian and brought up one of the scanner's turrets up to help with the guardian and to better help protect the other security nodes in the front.
I also moved the core around to the other side of the net connections so in case they're not attacking with worms they'd have to waste extra beam cannons. But if they are using a single worm just to take your core then placing the core behind the evolver is a better idea because the code gate with antivirus would harass them into wasting an ice wall. In fact now that I think about it you're probably going to end up losing your core more often than you otherwise would've if using my placement due to attacks that are solely targeted at your core. It's up to you really but your way is probably optimal.
I'm not entirely convinced that placing mines and farms directly behind security nodes to aid in retaking them with antivirus is a good idea but it might work, I've never tried integrating them into my defense like that before. At least that's what it seemed like you were going for in your first defensive cluster. Regardless, I kept it that way and integrated it into the second defensive cluster. If that's not what you were going for then I'd probably move them all to the back somewhere and attach the sentry in the first defensive cluster to both turrets and the black ice.

xxxstylesxxx

Postby xxxstylesxxx » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:40 am

GeneralSeay wrote:

I built this but because my network is core level 6 I couldn't completely reconstruct it. Also, I only have one sentry so pretend that level 1 scanner is a sentry too.
I wasn't really a fan of having only a black ice, a turret and a sentry (as well a scanner choke point) defending the guardian so detached the sentry from the guardian and brought up one of the scanner's turrets up to help with the guardian and to better help protect the other security nodes in the front.
I also moved the core around to the other side of the net connections so in case they're not attacking with worms they'd have to waste extra beam cannons. But if they are using a single worm just to take your core then placing the core behind the evolver is a better idea because the code gate with antivirus would harass them into wasting an ice wall. In fact now that I think about it you're probably going to end up losing your core more often than you otherwise would've if using my placement due to attacks that are solely targeted at your core. It's up to you really but your way is probably optimal.
I'm not entirely convinced that placing mines and farms directly behind security nodes to aid in retaking them with antivirus is a good idea but it might work, I've never tried integrating them into my defense like that before. At least that's what it seemed like you were going for in your first defensive cluster. Regardless, I kept it that way and integrated it into the second defensive cluster. If that's not what you were going for then I'd probably move them all to the back somewhere and attach the sentry in the first defensive cluster to both turrets and the black ice.

So far it's been working pretty good. I have 28 attempted hacks in my security log going back to November 3rd and not a single one has made it past the second gate lol. I've upgraded my security nodes quite a bit too. I've had one person hack it since I built it and that's when I was a 20 and he was a 28 he stealthed to my scanner and put an access node in and brute forced me with 46 beams, 5 ice walls, and 2 protectors. It's cool if you lose your core you just lose $600 and 19 b-coins and a lil rep. Losing games intentionally to lower your rep is a strategy to try and save your resources to get like a core upgrade. It's crazy how many lvl 25+ are farming the 150-250 rep. Getting to core lvl 7 is important. You get the kraken which is super op and can do some major upgrades. I haven't lost a match since unlocking kraken since I only go for setups where the core is in the back. It's going to get a nerf so enjoy it while it's practically unstoppable!