Common mistakes

Best strategies of building your network
Darkness

Re: Common mistakes

Postby Darkness » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:52 am

Crack69 wrote:Then there's not focusing on a specific set of programs and instead upgrading them all.
for now the choice is between:
beam vs shuriken---i prefer shuriken since you can easily skip most poorly designed choke points.
blaster vs ram--- honestly what matters more in this case is your lvl. At low to mid levels (up to level 45-50) its all about blaster. Then from level 45 on you can start upgrading ram; ram 15 is good enough to stop at but ram 17 is the most optimal.
ice wall---high level icewalls are not cost effective level 3 is a goot point to stop at.
protector---these are to be brought to at least lvl 11, level 13 is just about perfect.
shocker---high level shocker can kill most defenses with ease level 12 is probably already overkill; shocker can easily substitute protector but it is reccomended you keep some ice walls for low defence requirements-again don't upgrade both protector and shocker. pick one and stick to it
worms---might be somewhat usefull while the library capacity is still low (40 or less). personally i find them too ineffective to be worth using even at high levels
maniac---dont have any experience with it but for now i can only say that blaster can easily beat it in terms of effectiveness-note: maniac cant take down most gates in one hit; don't try it

hope someone reads this...

A very high lv shurikens vs. Blaster in choke points =3=??

Also, one more tip: Never a place a 4 slots nodes before your Core lol
In game name : Darkness
Level : 36

Join us at Discord@Hackersmobile
https://discord.me/hackersmobile

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:40 am

Zero experience for farms would be perfect. Nearly everyone at high levels or high rep has piss-poor mines, and it's basically starving the game and making people quit sooner than they might otherwise quit. So they quit, the resources in their storages are rapidly drained, and their mines/farms don't continue to provide resources for everyone else because they're so underleveled, fighting your way through their defenses isn't profitable enough to be worth your time.

Okay, that's enough off-topic.

Common mistake: Having more netConnections than necessary. You're giving Kraken users one more netCon to install a Kraken and you're wasting whatever node the extra netCon is attached to.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Crack69

Postby Crack69 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Darkness wrote:
Crack69 wrote:Then there's not focusing on a specific set of programs and instead upgrading them all.
beam vs shuriken---i prefer shuriken since you can easily skip most poorly designed choke points.
blaster vs ram--- honestly what matters more in this case is your lvl. At low to mid levels (up to level 45-50) its all about blaster. Then from level 45 on you can start upgrading ram; ram 15 is good enough to stop at but ram 17 is the most optimal.
ice wall---high level icewalls are not cost effective level 3 is a goot point to stop at.
protector---these are to be brought to at least lvl 11, level 13 is just about perfect.
shocker---high level shocker can kill most defenses with ease level 12 is probably already overkill; shocker can easily substitute protector but it is reccomended you keep some ice walls for low defence requirements-again don't upgrade both protector and shocker. pick one and stick to it
worms---might be somewhat usefull while the library capacity is still low (40 or less). personally i find them too ineffective to be worth using even at high levels
maniac---dont have any experience with it but for now i can only say that blaster can easily beat it in terms of effectiveness-note: maniac cant take down most gates in one hit; don't try it

I'd leave a 2 slots note if I could :lol:
Depends on your shuriken lvl also the prot lvl.
If prot gets drained fast and the def nodes are backed by multiple guardians you might want to use prot and single blaster and keep that last slot empty for additional ice walls. Blaster will also stop the attacks from one def node as well for a bit thus giving your prot more time to recover.
If neither works you've garbage programs :mrgreen:
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

Darkness

Postby Darkness » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:08 am

Crack69 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

If prot gets drained fast and the def nodes are backed by multiple guardians you might want to use prot and single blaster and keep that last slot empty for additional ice walls. Blaster will also stop the attacks from one def node as well for a bit thus giving your prot more time to recover.

Well loool, but I am just wondering if we could complete not using Blaster to get through the 1 lv scanner choke point with 2 turrets and 1 Black ICE. Just using a very high lv shurikens to get over it
In game name : Darkness
Level : 36

Join us at Discord@Hackersmobile
https://discord.me/hackersmobile

Crack69

Postby Crack69 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Darkness wrote:
Crack69 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Of course you can! You just need high enough shuriken :roll:

Well loool, but I am just wondering if we could complete not using Blaster to get through the 1 lv scanner choke point with 2 turrets and 1 Black ICE. Just using a very high lv shurikens to get over it
Note:
Rep<100

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:44 am

Obviously anything that's upgraded will destroy anything that isn't upgraded. Even Worms can smash through a level 1 Code Gate if you upgrade them enough.

It takes too much time to get through an upgraded Guardian Core with just (upgraded) Shuriken or Beam Cannon. Same for getting through an upgraded Code Gate.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Crack69

Postby Crack69 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:00 pm

Hell_Diguner wrote:Obviously anything that's upgraded will destroy anything that isn't upgraded. Even Worms can smash through a level 1 Code Gate if you upgrade them enough.

It takes too much time to get through an upgraded Guardian Core with just (upgraded) Shuriken or Beam Cannon. Same for getting through an upgraded Code Gate.

For gcore-compiler-high gate chokes if you don't care about core you can just ram the gate and shuriken away. While you're dealing with the rest of base there's a good chance either the core itself or the Compiler will fall to continuous shuriken attack and allow to take over what's behind. Of have a pair of level 21 blasters deal with the core in 10 sec XD
Note:
Rep<100