View player network architecture by username

Best strategies of building your network
colbemol

View player network architecture by username

Postby colbemol » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:52 pm

It would be very helpful to be able to see how experienced players at higher levels have constructed their networks. Is there a way to view the existing network architecture of every player in the game by clicking on the username?

Thank you

LadTy

Re: View player network architecture by username

Postby LadTy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:57 pm

Currently you cannot view the networks of exerienced players directly, unless you search the internet for images and videos shared by them or people hacking them obviously. The thing is, that in Hackers, a 'typical network' looks very different in different stages of the game. First you deal with simple programs, than replicating programs get introduced and people start rebuilding their networks accordingly. Another huge change is when you start encountering Stealth hacks using Access and Wraith, disabling the defenses you have close to your netConnections. Than kraken which pretty much feeds on the networks that are typical until that stage, you start branching the network or start looking for different means to cut him off. And obviously Portal, when others start their hacks where they choose.

In general, always focus at the programs that are used against you and try what works best, if you copied a good topology from lvl50 that would not help you in anyway because the number of nodes and programs used are quite different.
11100000111O10000000001O10000000001O00010001000O00000100000O00000010000O00001000000O00010000000O10000000001O10000000001O11100000111

Gream

Postby Gream » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:11 pm

colbemol wrote:It would be very helpful to be able to see how experienced players at higher levels have constructed their networks. Is there a way to view the existing network architecture of every player in the game by clicking on the username?

Thank you

As far as I know, there is no such feature in game (yet?). And, in my opinion, such feature will only reduce the fun of designing your own network. Would you rather:
  • explore, design new layouts (new for you, at least), wait nervously how the design will survive incoming hacks, etc.
  • or simply browse few "good" designs of high level players and create something similar.

In my point of view, it is little bit like playing a puzzle game on the one screen and watching walk-through video on the other screen...
Gream,
hacker lvl 77+

colbemol

Postby colbemol » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:27 pm

Thank you LadTy and Gream for replying so quickly. Both responses answered my question and gave me more to think about the utility of a feature that would "snapshot" the architecture of other player's networks.

Since this game has natural appeal to me, it should come as no surprise that I have no problem with stealing shamelessly (in good fun, of course). Although I was hoping to get some pointers from other players' success, I would admit that I have really enjoyed building my network with my own preferences.

Thanks again (and good luck!)