Network Build Screenshot

Best strategies of building your network
Ezme

Network Build Screenshot

Postby Ezme » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:24 am

So...my core lv is 7 and this is my latest network layout. I have rearranged my layout more than five times since I started playing hackers and it's the very last one. And I would really appreciate any review and suggestion on the layout. I really need suggestion on placing the scanner in right place. Because my network is not strong against steath attacks.
So, is my network good enough?
Attachments
Screenshot_20170731-151519.jpg
Screenshot_20170731-151519.jpg (150.49 KiB) Viewed 191 times
Ezme

Mchief

Re: Network Build Screenshot

Postby Mchief » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:17 pm

Ezme wrote:So...my core lv is 7 and this is my latest network layout. I have rearranged my layout more than five times since I started playing hackers and it's the very last one. And I would really appreciate any review and suggestion on the layout. I really need suggestion on placing the scanner in right place. Because my network is not strong against steath attacks.
So, is my network good enough?

Few thoughts,
1 code gates should be between the netconnections and the rest of your base, preferably covered by your best scanner.
2 do not use guardians as hubs for other nodes , they should be behind your best choke points defences, they have 5 slots so will melt other nodes once captured
3 do not upgrade two sentrys at the same time , they don't stack, one sentry at the back of your back should be max level for your core while the other sentry should be around middle front who's job is to secure nodes for your other sentry to update.

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:31 pm

Mchief wrote:2 do not use guardians as hubs for other nodes , they should be behind your best choke points defences, they have 5 slots so will melt other nodes once captured

Quit spreading misinformation! Guardians have 5 connection slots, 4 program slots. Low-level guardians can make good choke points if the security nodes they're connected to are upgraded well enough to smash through protectors. And connecting one or two high level Guardians to those security nodes can give them enough firewall that the choke point is troublesome for Shockers, too.
See here.

And OP, here's a guide on stealth attacks and defense.
Hell_Diguner - C12L34, Core rush (had C12L29), soon to be a Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C10L24, Maniac main, soon to be Maniac+Worms main
TBA - Will be a Kraken+Protector main, help me figure out a clever name :mrgreen:

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:48 pm

Hell_Diguner wrote:
Mchief wrote:2 do not use guardians as hubs for other nodes , they should be behind your best choke points defences, they have 5 slots so will melt other nodes once captured

Quit spreading misinformation! Guardians have 5 connection slots, 4 program slots. Low-level guardians can make good choke points if the security nodes they're connected to are upgraded well enough to smash through protectors. And connecting one or two high level Guardians to those security nodes can give them enough firewall that the choke point is troublesome for Shockers, too.
See here.

And OP, here's a guide on stealth attacks and defense.

Ok I did mess up with the slots but i stand by my statement that they should never be used a a choke, scanners or storage make the best due to there small fire wall and only three slots , one for a ice wall, one for a protector and a beam/blaster( some may use other items ) , if you use a guardian you both double the damage you take (there's room for two offence programs) as well as waste shield potential,

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:31 pm

After level 40 a single level 1 Guardian's shield is pretty much worthless. If you have a level 1 Guardian on hand (maybe you don't want to upgrade it and inflate your level) and have the security nodes to smash protectors, Guardian choke is worth considering. It's not something to unilaterally recommend against, as there are circumstances where it is viable.
Hell_Diguner - C12L34, Core rush (had C12L29), soon to be a Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C10L24, Maniac main, soon to be Maniac+Worms main
TBA - Will be a Kraken+Protector main, help me figure out a clever name :mrgreen: