What do you guys think about my network layout? Any tips?

Best strategies of building your network
Pach021995

What do you guys think about my network layout? Any tips?

Postby Pach021995 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:10 pm

This is the layout that helped me to improve my defense, but it still seems to be very weak.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5veV ... Ep4OGN5blE

Mchief

Re: What do you guys think about my network layout? Any tips?

Postby Mchief » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Main issue I see is that you are using your guardian as a hub instead of a defence you want that defence shield on the defence next to your choke point that way it has more time to take the choke back.

Also guardian should never be on the attackers side of a network, it's 5 slots of yummy program filled goodness and your three turrets will burn because of it.

Pach021995

Postby Pach021995 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Mchief wrote:Main issue I see is that you are using your guardian as a hub instead of a defence you want that defence shield on the defence next to your choke point that way it has more time to take the choke back.

Also guardian should never be on the attackers side of a network, it's 5 slots of yummy program filled goodness and your three turrets will burn because of it.

Hmm, and what should I do to make it better?

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:53 am

You can use what I refer to as a core gate, take your level 1 scanner and connect it to your core, in addition connect your highest firewall none defence nodes to the scanner ( I use my databases here) , connect your guardian to all but the scanner , connect your highest level sentry to the core / databases, place what ever other nodes you want behind that.

Why this works
The core is second only to defence nodes in attack priority, this means that beam/blaster will go for it first as long as no active defence node is a possible target, this setup also gives you 3 nodes passively attacking with AV, once your AV strength reaches 1/3 your scanners firewall you can take the node back nearly right away save for an ultra fast firewall.

Do keep in mind this is not 100% stopping power, players of higher level can and will blast through it , but it should keep a lot of others out.

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:30 am

Guardian has 4 program slots, 5 connection slots - so it can make for a good protector-breaking choke point. But low level guardians are most optimal for that, and you need _very_ well upgraded defense nodes connected to the Guardian to reliably eat through Protectors. It also how the downside of being even more hard-countered by shockers than a scanner choke is.

Anyway, you've upgraded you Guardian, so you may as well make use of its stronger shield to protect nodes, instead of using it as the center of a choke point.

A bigger issue is you're trying to use your Core as a choke point. That doesn't work at all. The Core has a TON of health and 5 program slots for attackers. Once you loose your Core, that's it. Only the most incompetent of attackers would loose it.

Another big issue is you've connected your Guardian to a low-level Scanner. Attackers can use level 1 Shurikens to bypass your turret choke entirely.

I also don't like how you've connected your Turrets together. Turrets only switch targets if the node they were attacking is captured, which is unlikely seeing how they're connected to a Guardian (4 program slot node). So they're not going to turn to defend each other, and your antivirus isn't strong enough to recapture a turret, either. So connecting the turrets just makes it easier for attackers to conquer the security cluster by letting them attack all other nodes from each turret.

Your first scanner choke isn't particularly effective since there are only two security nodes connected to it.

At that Core level, you should have access to two Guardians. Why don't you have two guardians?!? :lol:

I'm guessing your level is somewhere around 40. Your Sentry and Compiler are under-leveled, and your farms+mines are over-leveled.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

xvm

Postby xvm » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:22 pm

wallet!