Right Place Black Ice

Best strategies of building your network
Hunter21

Right Place Black Ice

Postby Hunter21 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Hello Everyone, my question is which is the right place to connect black ice? I know its useless on low lvl but i am a curious person so want to know about it....well i am new to this game hope you guys help me. I am posting my network design....pls suggest me to build strongest network.
Thank you in advance guys.
Attachments
IMG_20170703_233612.JPG
IMG_20170703_233612.JPG (71.36 KiB) Viewed 1703 times

Crack69

Re: Right Place Black Ice

Postby Crack69 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Hunter21 wrote:Hello Everyone, my question is which is the right place to connect black ice? I know its useless on low lvl but i am a curious person so want to know about it....well i am new to this game hope you guys help me. I am posting my network design....pls suggest me to build strongest network.

Upgrade core and unlock scanner. Then put the 2 turrets and black ice on scanner.
While I'm at it here's some pro tips:
Don't upgrade farms/mines, you'll get all the res you need from hacking others.
Focus on one Sentry only, only the strongest av counts. The weaker one gets overwritten. Upgrading one Sentry is plenty enough. Keep the other. You'll likely need it in the future to speed up av spread.
Choose between beam/shuriken. Beam is easier at first but shuriken is stronger on the long run. If you already upgraded beam no sweat. You can switch to shuriken now, just remember NOT to upgrade beam any longer.
Choose between blaster/ram, blaster is quite good at first. Ram will always take longer to compile though. It's up to you in this case.
That said come to discord for more tips and input from multiple people (lots of high level people and mid to high rep, TheLurlingRage included)
Just remembered: here's a couple low level set-ups of my smurf
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... mlnM0VNbUk
They've been quite effective so far ;)
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

Darkness

Postby Darkness » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:46 am

Crack69 wrote:
Hunter21 wrote:Hello Everyone, my question is which is the right place to connect black ice? I know its useless on low lvl but i am a curious person so want to know about it....well i am new to this game hope you guys help me. I am posting my network design....pls suggest me to build strongest network.

Upgrade core and unlock scanner. Then put the 2 turrets and black ice on scanner.
While I'm at it here's some pro tips:
Don't upgrade farms/mines, you'll get all the res you need from hacking others.
Focus on one Sentry only, only the strongest av counts. The weaker one gets overwritten. Upgrading one Sentry is plenty enough. Keep the other. You'll likely need it in the future to speed up av spread.
Choose between beam/shuriken. Beam is easier at first but shuriken is stronger on the long run. If you already upgraded beam no sweat. You can switch to shuriken now, just remember NOT to upgrade beam any longer.
Choose between blaster/ram, blaster is quite good at first. Ram will always take longer to compile though. It's up to you in this case.
That said come to discord for more tips and input from multiple people (lots of high level people and mid to high rep, TheLurlingRage included)
Just remembered: here's a couple low level set-ups of my smurf
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... mlnM0VNbUk
They've been quite effective so far ;)

Feeling for Ram vs Blaster :

Blaster has much lower compile costs, but it requires 1 space more than Ram.

Blaster and Ram have the same / similar time on breaking 1 - 3 lv Code gates.

Lvl up blaster if you have huge programs space and use double blaster (click the first blaster, then it's about 1/4 time on installation, click on the second one) for the Code gate. It won't able to fire their anti-virus lol. Blaster is also useful to kill Core too.

Ram is good but the bad of point is while you're ramming the gate. The anti-virus of the gate will also damage your captured node. The compile cost is also double expensive than Blaster but it's good for people who have short program space.
In game name : Darkness
Level : 36

Join us at Discord@Hackersmobile
https://discord.me/hackersmobile

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:20 am

Black Ice placement is generally tough to figure out.
Wiki pages:
Black Ice
Turret

Good things:
  • More DPS than Turrets. About 50% more at level 5 and 75% more at level 21
  • Their high burst damage can catch people off-guard
  • They keep charging a shot while stunned by a Blaster (and I think Shocker too, but I'm not certain...) and release their projectile immediately when the stunning effect stops

Can be good or bad:
  • Immediately switches targets if a neighboring node with a higher attack priority is captured by the attacker
  • Around 16% more firewall than Turrets. They take longer to capture, but once captured, that firewall benefits the attacker instead of you

Bad things:
  • It isn't very effective at low levels
  • There's a long delay before they start dealing damage. Plenty of time to install a Protector
  • Their burst-focused damage can be difficult to predict, and there's a huge difference in damage between firing 3 shots and firing 4 shots before it's captured
  • Overkill damage is wasted damage
  • They have 5 program slots, so they give attackers a great foothold once captured
  • It's a little more expensive and a lot more time consuming and experience inflating to upgrade than Turrets

I've seen some MinMaxers not use Black Ice at all, or leave them at level 1 and stick them at the front of the network to buy three or four seconds. Black Ice that are actually part of somebody's main defenses are often connected to only one node so that attackers can't use it as a foothold to progress up the network. Alternatively, they might be connected to two nodes: the one they attack and the next node up the network, which is trivial to capture anyway (probably the entrance to another choke point) so the five program slots aren't all that helpful to the attacker. Finally, I've seen Black Ice connected to one or more upgraded Guardians. I've seen all three techniques used in choke point networks and in Maelstrom networks.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Crack69

Postby Crack69 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:15 am

Hell_Diguner wrote:Black Ice placement is generally tough to figure out.
Wiki pages:
Black Ice
Turret

Good things:
  • More DPS than Turrets. About 50% more at level 5 and 75% more at level 21
  • Their high burst damage can catch people off-guard
  • They keep charging a shot while stunned by a Blaster (and I think Shocker too, but I'm not certain...) and release their projectile immediately when the stunning effect stops

Can be good or bad:
  • Immediately switches targets if a neighboring node with a higher attack priority is captured by the attacker
  • Around 16% more firewall than Turrets. They take longer to capture, but once captured, that firewall benefits the attacker instead of you

Bad things:
  • It isn't very effective at low levels
  • There's a long delay before they start dealing damage. Plenty of time to install a Protector
  • Their burst-focused damage can be difficult to predict, and there's a huge difference in damage between firing 3 shots and firing 4 shots before it's captured
  • Overkill damage is wasted damage
  • They have 5 program slots, so they give attackers a great foothold once captured
  • It's a little more expensive and a lot more time consuming and experience inflating to upgrade than Turrets

I've seen some MinMaxers not use Black Ice at all, or leave them at level 1 and stick them at the front of the network to buy three or four seconds. Black Ice that are actually part of somebody's main defenses are often connected to only one node so that attackers can't use it as a foothold to progress up the network. Alternatively, they might be connected to two nodes: the one they attack and the next node up the network, which is trivial to capture anyway (probably the entrance to another choke point) so the five program slots aren't all that helpful to the attacker. Finally, I've seen Black Ice connected to one or more upgraded Guardians. I've seen all three techniques used in choke point networks and in Maelstrom networks.

I agree. Personally back when I had a low sentry I'd use to link B-ice to the side of a choke like a scanner to lure out beams. It's higher firewall means it gets attacked first.
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

Return to “NETWORK ARCHITECTURE”