Postby badboy2 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:52 am

Any suggestions about my network setup
Attachments
rps20170521_152049.jpg
rps20170521_152049.jpg (90.9 KiB) Viewed 802 times

Crack69

Re: About my network architecture

Postby Crack69 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Use scanner as first choke with all turrets linked to it.
Link your high sentry to those turrets.
You should consider putting both gates in front of first choke for better protection against stealth. Portals will start appearing any time now and that's the best way to ward them off. If you can get another scanner and ice get them. Just sell off some mines/farms.
Also for the future: stop upgrading any security nodes other than sentry. Sentry is what makes the difference Until high lvl.
Upgrade core sentry compiler first.
Database and mixers are to be upgraded as necessary.
Evolver should be upgraded only when needed with program evolution.
Library should also be upgraded regularly. Basically everything BUT guardian, turret, black ice, mine, farm.
Only upgrade one sentry leave the other as low lvl.
Also upgrade only one scanner. Others are to be kept at lvl1 as choke points
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

badboy2

Postby badboy2 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:13 am

How about now
Attachments
rps20170522_154251_657.jpg
rps20170522_154251_657.jpg (94.63 KiB) Viewed 787 times

Crack69

Postby Crack69 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:19 pm

badboy2 wrote:How about now

Ice choke are terrible. 5 slots for programs to obliterate anything linked to it. Try to use mines/farms as chokes. Also since you're low lvl consider leaving all mines/farms at lvl1 and using them as chokes. Later you'll find yourself in need for more node cap and this way you can just sell off one unneeded lvl1 farm.
Hacking brings in lots of res.
As for your current base could can link off the mine linked to core another mine/farm with the two database and mixer linked to it. If you wanna keep 1 mine and 1 farm (consider not upgrading them any more) then use one lvl1 mine/farm with the other mine and/or farm and link it off rear sentry. As for the ices just link them to the side of the first two turrets linked to scanner. That way they can't proceed till they take them down.
Also don't upgrade both sentries! Max one out and keep other for faster av spread.
Actually consider not upgrading any security node at all. Sentry and scanner are all you need. Sounds stupid but at list to mid lvls sentry is the only node that matters.
I'll take on at any time 5 lvl 10 turrets but a lvl 15 sentry....... programs not good enough.
Follow thiese tips and by the time you'll be in your mid thirties... you'll have one badass base!
For programs you're at a good lvl to discard beam and focus on shuriken. Trust me shuriken is truly OP. I'm sorry I've only noticed that when my beams were lvl9 but even just shuriken lvl 9 is already better for heavily connected nets like Maelstroms
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile