New types of networks

Best strategies of building your network
Gravemind

New types of networks

Postby Gravemind » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:06 am

Hello! I have been playing this game since only 5 days now, but I have already progressed a lot, and read most of the information on wikia fandom. From what I could gather, there are basically three types of networks : the chunk/maelstrom, snake/braid, tree/ring. All these three consist of placing the net connection at the end of the network, as far away as possible from important nodes. How ever, I have a different idea.

I was thinking about placing the net connection nodes right at the middle of the network, and then making two - three branches from the centre. Each branch would contain a valuable node, like the core, or money, or bitcoins. And each such branch would be guarded by a well protected choke point.

Libraries and compilers would be used to connect to net connection and evolvers, code gate-scanner pairs and databases would be used for making choke points. Sentries would be placed one in each branch, well protected.

What do you think are the pros and cons of this strategy? What are its weaknesses and how will you hack it? What will you prefer to go for : the branch containing core, or the one having resources? Will this strategy work in higher levels?

Comment below to answer the above questions, and to give new, better ideas!

Thank you!
Current reputation level : 0 - 500
Current experience level - 19
Favourite program - Data leech
Joined Hackers on - 28/10/2017

Alfatrion

Re: New types of networks

Postby Alfatrion » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:41 am

This means that, if I am only interested in your bit coins, that I only have to fight one third of your network.

Gravemind

Postby Gravemind » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:52 am

Yeah, so it does, but it also saves my core and money. Good point by the way.

Alfatrion

Postby Alfatrion » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:11 pm

When I consciously consider my own resources and I get such a choice in the network, I leave what I do not need. Still, you could make it harder for me to get it.

Darkness

Postby Darkness » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:01 am

However, it would be to possibly skip all the resources from a hack. For snake design, you need to make far more difficult choke as possible so that people will run out of time to reach your Core and resources.

But snake design won't work well after people having Wraith and Kraken (Evolver 5 / 19 lv+ people)
In game name : Darkness
Level : 36

Join us at Discord@Hackersmobile
https://discord.me/hackersmobile

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:13 am

I would classify your suggestion as a variant of the tree/branching network, where the branching is closer to the netConnections than normal. The problem with this idea is three-fold: stealth, time, and defensive efficiency.

If you branch immediately from the netCons, some of your branches will be vulnerable to stealth attacks. Branching after your initial Code Gates+Scanner makes more sense, but you still run into the other issues

Time - Competent hackers can multi-task. If your network branches early, I can attack both branches simultaneously and reach their ends more quickly than if you made a snake.

Defensive efficiency - Every node that I can skip or ignore is a part of your network with wasted potential.
Hell_Diguner - C12L34, Had C12L29 (world record), soon to be a Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C10L28, Maniac+Worms main
CaptainDavyJones - C9L21, Kraken main

Gravemind

Postby Gravemind » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:25 am

I completely agree with you on all three points. However, the first two points can be easily negated, since first use a code gate, an evolver choke point using a black ice, a turret and a guardian, and put a scanner and a sentrybehind them, and then make the two branches, one starting with the black ice, and one with the turret. That way, I can negate the first two deficiencies. As for the last one, I have nothing to say. Every network has a weakness after all.